Monday, October 18, 2010

Nicole: New idea, and some help?

This new idea of mine is something I'm writing for fun. I remember reading something Nat said in another post about enjoying the process of coming up with a plot and the characters, etc, more than actually writing it, and I think I'm the same. So, this new idea of mine is a different approach. This is my idea:

Bronte Hirst and Cayden Riley had been in love since sixth grade. They knew they wanted to spend their lives together, and as soon as both of them turned eighteen they eloped. Their parents disapproved, but all the newlyweds cared about was each-other. That was until Cayden was ripped from Bronte's world and took his own life.

Bronte breaks down. She can't understand why he could possibly want to kill himself, and questions whether she was good enough for him. That's when her friend, Lilly, suggests that she writes him letters that could potentially help her come to closure.

She doesn't see how it could possibly help, and reluctantly writes the first letter to Cayden. Bronte soon ends up writing to him daily, dealing with the fact that she will never get a letter in return. Bronte confides in him as she goes through the grieving process, as she meets somebody new and uncovering the truth about what led him to suicide.

--

It'll be completely written in letters, (: Anyway, that's a pretty shitty synopsis but I'm so dead atm. What I need help with is: do you guys have some funny inside jokes with friends or little quirks you have that I could incorporate into Bronte and Cayden's history? Anything would be great!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. Nicole.

    Write this now, please!!!!! Does it have a title yet? I absolutely LOVE this idea!!!!!

    I'll think about the inside jokes/quirks thing and let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea, Nicole(:

    My friends and I have a lot of inside jokes. Most of them are about llamas. Don't even ask me why.

    Yeah, that doesn't help at all does it? It's just that when I type out my inside jokes they sound totally confusing or stupid. Sorry!

    Good luck though! I'm looking forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete