Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sage: Huhhh

<<< Yucky post-workout Sage.
You'll enjoy this though. Aris CALLED me to ask why I wasn't coming. enjoyed that too much being a cougar and all. lol.


EXCERPT. Because I ACTUALLY wrote something. It's sad that it takes me putting off writing an essay in order to sit down and write, but whatever. At least it's something.

Charlotte
I failed.
The feeling of your own body breaking is not one I would wish on anyone. Doctors are able to place a label to the pain: Renal Failure, Heart Disease... cancer. They're words. They coat it, make it understandable for your family and friends. because words are easy. When they send you to therapy because you refuse to stop taking your medication, or because you don't want to attend chemo therapy, they label you. They make you sound like such a failure, that you want to go back to puking in basins and having a nurse change your bed pan because you're too weak to get up and use the bathroom by yourself. You want to go back to that place, because the look on your boyfriends face when he hears that yes, in fact, you will guarenteeably die now, is too much to bear.
I believe that they chose to call it a 'failure' for a much more sadistic reason then they let on. When that part of your body stops functioning properly, it shuts down. It fails you. When your whole body shuts down... you become one, inescapable, exhausted, pale, sick, failure.


SAD SHIT.
But I had an emotional day.
There you go.

1 comment: