Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cori: Information on my books!

So I've decided on what to call all three books in the series. Caged, Frayed, and Shattered. It hints at Altrius's progressing insanity. The series is called the Angelic Threnody.

Angelic Threnody is planned out and ready to go. Now to start on the series that comes after: Angelic Serenity (name might change). Between the Lines, [Insert title here], and Negative Zero. Between the Lines takes place 26 years after Shattered ends; Altrius is now 100 years old, and Mirabelle is 49.

Before the events of Caged there was something called the Sickness that killed off five million people in the span of a month. When someone caught the Sickness they were dubbed the Lost; a new brand of cannibalistic, poisonous demons that killed and ate anything it could get its hands on. During Caged some people create a chemical that, when injected into the bloodstream, sends the body through a series of changes and turns them into one of the Lost. That chemical became a a virus that only the natural demons are immune to, and is highly contagious to humans.

They call the new disease the Blessing.

In Between the Lines a new job has opened up: something called an Inquisitor (name might change), something only a demon can be seeing as they're immune to the Blessing. It's their job to spot and kill any human that has caught the virus, eliminating them before the transformation becomes complete and destroying everything that might cause it to spread.

So there's a little bit of information on what's going to happen in the next series. I already have the prologue of Between the Lines written out...it's a bit of a guilty habit; as soon as I know what the beginning or the end will be to one of my novels, I have to either write it or just outline it in extreme detail.

I will willingly admit that I talk to myself - I have long conversations with myself when I'm alone, planning and arguing and developing. And sometimes I'll pretend to be in the scene I'm writing; I'll say the dialogue, and as soon as I know enough I'll get some paper and a pen and write it all down. If there's no computer or paper nearby, I'll text it to myself and copy it down later.

I think I'll go ahead and show you the prologue. Seeing as I'll be leaving in three weeks and have no idea if I'll ever come back (I will stay in contact though, I promise), you probably won't know anything about what stuff is going on in my books. So I'll go ahead and do Show And Tell now, while I'm still able.



A radio sat on the far end of the counter, playing a country tune that no one cared to listen to. The bar was hot, nearly ninety degrees, but the civilians wore thick and concealing clothing. Coats and hats hung over the backs of chairs, stained with sweat and reeking of sunshine. The bar seemed like cheap beer and sweat. Most of the patrons were large and tough, well-armed and ready for battle. They all wore light colors in a futile attempt to keep the heat away.
There was only one exception. A man sat in the corner with the radio, feet up on a table, his hat tipped to cloak most of his face in darkness; there was a hole in the side of it. The majority of his black hair was cut to chin-length in a nod to practicality, and his ragged boots had long ago been replaced with sturdy new ones. Otherwise, everything about him was the same as it had always been.
His high collar was held in place by a series of clasps, just barely hiding his mouth. He wore loose black clothing underneath his thick red coat. Three belts wound about his narrow waist and at his side hung a holster with a massive gun in it.
His eyes, black as pitch, were fixed on one man sitting at the bar. They absorbed every detail of the target's face—the subtlety of his movements. His skin, in stark contrast to everyone else's, was pale.
His name was Altrius Dial.
He was a hundred years old.



It's very rough right now...I'll probably rewrite it five or six times until I'm satisfied with it. I don't plan on getting comments, views, or anything...because no one ever comments or looks at the blog anymore...but how do you like it? I'll just pretend that I'll get an answer, and say thanks haha. Because I know that none of you are even going to read this xD! I'll just say thanks for the support, guys. I'm really going to miss all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Your prologue is intriguing. Almost Benjamin Button-esque. I'm actually really curious as to how this all plays out. :P

    -Rachel L.

    PS. Man it's been a long time since I talked to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it really has been a while.
    Thanks haha. Benjamin Button?

    ReplyDelete