Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nat: Try and remember.

I'd like you to do me a favour. All of you. Right now. It's not even a hard favour, I promise.

I'd like you to think back to February 2010, [or if you weren't an original member of the blog, then whatever day/time you joined] and just think about the person you were at that point. Do you remember that girl? Her hopes, her dreams, her terrible fashion sense, and her significant lack of writing experience?

Do you remember the girls that we all were? The ones who did challenges, and wrote poems, and made book covers for each other...the ones who planned a road trip that never actually happened, obsessed over Supernatural together, sent each other gifts, and made each other laugh...do you remember those girls?

I know what you're thinking.
You: Yeah, yeah, Nat, cue the sappy music. You're making me want to vomit.
Me: Yeah, I'm kinda making me want to vomit, too.

But seriously. This isn't my attempt at reviving SAAWAKM. No. Frankly, we've had a lot of attempts at reviving SAAWAKM, and it's kinda looking like its heart has beat for the last time. It appears that there will be no rising out of the morgue for this blog. At least, not in the same vigorous, bumping-with-energy way that the blog used to be.

Maybe it's best this way. I don't know, I don't have any of the answers. I just want to say all this before you all leave for good, and stop checking for new posts every day or commenting or posting anything of your own.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not saying my goodbyes. I'm going to be a member of SAAWAKM until I die, probably even longer.

I guess that this is just the post that I've owed to this blog, and to you guys, for a long time.

A post to say thank you.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this. Thank you for the years that I've spent here, the things you all have taught me, and the friendships that we have made.

I love you all.

-Nat






3 comments:

  1. I agree. I check the blog every day, just hoping that there will at least be a comment, or a reaction, to ANY post on here...and there's not. SAAWAKM is just barren now. It makes me really sad.
    Even though I might be quitting in three weeks, if the blog doesn't revive at least a tiny bit, I won't be truly leaving. I'll still be commenting and posting every once and a while, and checking up on how everyone is doing. So while I'll be gone, and so will Jamie, I'll still be here.
    And aww...we love you too, Nat.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is the old Rachel, the one from way back when this blog was still pretty new. It's crazy to see how much SAAWAKM has changed. It's more of a social oriented place rather than a gathering for writers, so strange.
    Anyways, I was just checking up to see how you all were doing and how the writing is going and such. So how goes it all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Rachel; we really miss you...nothing is the same anymore, and it makes me extremely sad. I miss how it used to be. SAAWAKM is just dead now.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete