Monday, August 27, 2012

Cori: School is insane.

Sorry I haven't been able to get on, guys. School is absolutely insane...I can barely think with all the stuff I have to do. It's very overwhelming. They're getting us ready for the OGT test (Ohio Graduation Test) already...I've taken two pretests so far, in Biology and U.S. History. Insane, I tell you!

French II is pretty crazy too. My teacher, Madame Marsh, kind of scares me. She makes me laugh at the same time though. Honestly, I'm not too sure how some of the people in my class got into French II...or even passed French I for that matter. But I hope none of them drop out: I really love indulging in America's favorite pastime: laughing at idiots. We spent about a month working on numbers in French I, and went over it about three more times throughout the course of the year...and yet some of the people don't even know what 15 (quinze) is! It drives me crazy.

Surprisingly, I think Art is actually my favorite class right now. Which is kind of shocking, 'cause...uh...I kind of failed Art in 7th grade. It was kind of embarrassing. I'm sure I'll hate Art tomorrow though, because we're beginning a really hard project. Honestly, Mr. Kuntz (it's not pronounced like 'cunts,' I promise! xD! It's coontz), we're in Art I and you're having us do crazy crap already?

Well...school is pretty much overwhelming me right now. To be honest I haven't been on my laptop in four days...which is almost unheard of...I've mostly just been reading and doing homework.

But I'm on today, and actually being productive for once! Jamie and my little sister Beth talked me out of writing an eighth draft of Caged, thank...whatever is up there. We compromised on letting me rewrite two or three scenes...which has turned into five or six. They're good rewrites though, I promise. I fixed up Mirabelle, who was getting kind of close to a Mary Sue, which freaked me out...she's very original and unique now. I took four Mary Sue tests to make sure! She got good scores.

I've decided to make Mirabelle blind in one eye, due to an old injury. She's from a group of tribes that believes in punishments like stoning people to death. Her family screwed up bad and was stoned; she and her brother got away, but a rock hit her in the eye and rendered it completely useless. And...that's pretty much the only bad thing that has ever happened to Mirabelle. She's had an okay life.

The thing that made Mirabelle most like a Mary Sue was her eyes. A long time ago I was into crazy eye colors, so for whatever reason I made her eyes purple. (It was kind of hard to admit that.) So now they're a really foggy gray color, which I think is much better. I'll be slightly changing Khardan's eye color too...bright green to yellow-green.

So, I think that's enough for now. I'll make a post about the sequel to Caged, Frayed, soon.

...10th grade is going to devour my soul.


EDIT: Oh, by the way - here is my schedule. I thought I should tell you guys what classes I'm taking xD!
1st: Geometry
2nd: English II Advanced
3rd: French II
4th: U.S. History
Lunch
5th: Study Hall
6th: Art I
7th: Biology
8th: Biology (biology is a double-block class. I have it for an hour and a half.)

No comments:

Post a Comment