Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cori: Hunger Games.

It was amazing. I saw it on Sunday. Alas, Ashton (and possibly some more of you guys) have not yet seen it, so I can't rant on about HOW IT WAS SO FREAKING AWESOME.
So, instead, I'll talk about Caged.
I'm rewriting a scene at the moment; before, it had taken place at a grocery store and had been completely different. Then I looked at it closely, and started thinking, Does this part really have anything to do with the plot? Does it drive it forward in any way? Does it even contribute to a subplot?
No, nada, zilch. It had NOTHING to do with the plot, whatsoever. So now I'm replacing it with something that will build Altrius's character a little bit more, as well as Mirabelle's. It even brushes upon the history of my world, and how the mutated people called the 'Lost' came to be. I'm very proud of it so far.
It also gave me a good idea.
You know, it's kind of funny - although I hate vampires (well, okay, I love them...but not the Turdlight--er, Twilight--version of them), Altrius actually shares a lot of powers/etc with them. Demons even have a taste for blood, and at one point in Caged he actually bites Mirabelle on the shoulder when he panics.
I'm looking forward to that scene. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment