Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cori: Insane characters

We've all got one. And I don't mean funny, hyperactive...I mean bloodthirsty, vicious, insane characters. For some of us, it's our baddies. For me, unfortunately, it's my main character.
Altrius is screwed up. He seriously is. And for each and every draft I've written of Caged...he's gotten even worse. Sometimes, I feel like I'm writing a horror novel.
There's actually not much blood and gore in Caged (contrary to popular belief). And when there is, I don't really even describe it haha. I love to hurt Altrius, but I don't write something like: "The man's arm exploded; blood and muscles slithered down onto the ground to land in a messy puddle."
No. Just...no. (Sorry if I made someone throw up. I have an, erm, active imagination. In other words, I have fantasies about my characters being gravely injured and/or dying.)
So...I'm going to go write more of Caged now...

No comments:

Post a Comment