Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kas: I've missed quite a lot.

Well, Hi.

Haha.

As you all know, I'm at college now. Which is the most hectic, time-consuming thing of ever. I think this is seriously the first time I've sat in my room for more than like ten minutes in the past two weeks. I never get online anymore, because i don't have any time. Thats why I've been so MIA for the past month and a half.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that you're all back to posting again! I've honestly tried to make a post four times over the past two weeks and I always ended up having to leave and go do something, or go to class, or whatever. But, I'm going to try getting on here every day from now on, since I have a 1 hour break between my classes everyday.

Vague update on my life: I'm loving college, the classes are extremely hard, though. I've decided to change my major, but I'm not sure what to. Maybe International Business. I'm also now getting a minor in Italian, because it's not only my favorite class, but I love the language so much.

There's lots of drama with my personal life, which Heather knows all about, but its a super long story. I've also lost 10 pounds since starting college, so that's awesome. It's mostly just because I walk everywhere and eat so many vegetables that the boys actually make fun of me.

Heather, I'm so sorry! I completely forgot about your Facebook post. When I first saw it i was in class, so I didn't respond, and then i forgot. I'll send you the Silver stuff now! It will come from my OU account, though, so don't overlook it.

Nicole, I'm so glad you're back. We missed you. I loved you're short story, too. It actually gave me an idea..

Since pretty much everyone but Cori is in a writing funk as of late, I think we should try a new challenge. Pick your favorite poem, or a completely random one, and re write it as a short story. Its a pretty vague challenge, you can do whatever you like.

And then, if you want, we can continue to do weekly challenges, things that won't take large amounts of time preferably, as a way to get the blog back up and running.

Now, you all know how I like to make prizes, so I have an idea. Maybe we should do three challenges a month, and each week we submit our piece in a post up on the blog. And we vote, anonymously of course, in a draft-post. The winner of each challenge will get one point, and at the end of three months the person with the most points wins some kind of prize. Haha. And we make a spot on the blog with the winner of each week.

And, honestly, I think that it should be a sort of dedication to the blog. I mean, we have all taken so much from this blog, why not show how much we appreciate it? By uploading at least something every week you show us all how much you appreciate this site, and the people on it. I know everyone is busy with their lives, but we have to realize that we almost lost this blog forever a few weeks ago... which shouldn't happen again.

No more dry spells.

So, I'm not saying its mandatory or anything, but we should all try our best to do the challenge every week.

Alright, so since it's Wednesday,  I'm going to give everyone a little more time on this challenge than there will be for the others. You all have until Friday of next week to upload your short story, and then we will use next Saturday and Sunday to vote. And then each Monday we will start again.

Sound good? Nicole you can re-use the story you already posted if you want. :)

Tell me what you think.

-Kas






1 comment:

  1. Love the challenge! And, no worries, I figured it was something like that, haha.

    :D

    -H

    ReplyDelete