Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rachel: I'm a rebel.

So I'm at school right now, but because I'm not doing anything particularly interesting or important, I thought that I might as well get on here and chat to you ladies about something. I really don't have that much to say, but I was feeling inspired because I was just working on planning out Soul Debt (which is what I have decided to call that nanobook that I have been blabbering so much about) and, as usual, I felt like talking to somebody about it.

Sorry to those of you who have missed most of the posts where I actually tell you what it's about. Now that I think about it...I'm not even sure that I ever have told you all what it's about. That's mostly due to the fact that I don't really have a super established plotline yet, but I can tell you the rough details that I DO have. So I know it's about this ficitonal village on kind of a different version of the Earth that we know. Everybody's pretty primitive and they believe in gods and goddesses and what not that actually exist and are characters in the book. The main characters are all from the village Samot, and are sent out on a mission (all teenagers are sent out on missions that are a ceremonial part of the transition to adulthood) to gather intelligence about what is responsible for the mysterious muders that have been taking place for the past few months/years/whatever. It is suspected that the mountainous village of Ticnamor is resposible, so my characters embark on a journey and whatnot. They get to Ticnamor and it turns out that Ticnamor ISN'T killing people--the God of Death, Morrah, is. He's freaking out because people worship Bion, the Goddess of Life, too much; he is resentful that humans are content to let the world fall out of balance, so in order to punish them and show them what it feels like when things are out of whack, he plans to throw them into chaos where death is rampant, not life. So basically my characters have to figure out a way to stop this before the world is plunged into darkness. It's a lot less lame than it sounds...I swear. Especially with the little twists and things that make the plot more complicated and interesting. I'm just trying to give you all the gist of what goes on since I'll probably be talking about it a lot more, and I wouldn't want you all to be confused.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to planning. I just kind of wanted to spaz about it for a few minutes. It's fifth period at the moment which I happen to have free, but I still probably shouldn't be blogging. Sorry about the spelling erros that this post is certain to be riddled with; for whatever reason the ancient computer that I am using does not seem to want to spellocheck me. Which is awesome. I hope you're all doing well! Sorry about your computer, Heather...not to make you feel worse, of course, but that's awful. Know you're in my thoughts! Maybe in some bizarre way it was for the best. How, you ask? I have no idea. I'm just trying to be optimistic for once in my life.

I'll go ahead and sign off for now. I'm going to try to be on here more often--the last few days have been rather hectic, hence my absence, but we have some three-day weekends coming up and it should be better soon.

Oh, and hey, are any of you opposed to letting a new person on the blog? I'm not entirely sure she's interested and she's not as big of a writer as all of us, but she's very intelligent and quite creative, and I think she'd fit in just fine. She wants to do nanowrimo this year, so maybe we can poison her mind with the ways of writing. Just throwing that out there.

-Iridian

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome Rach!

    And, I`m up for a newbie, so long as she actually posts. We need someone willing to put forth an effort, seeing as over half of us no longer post. But I'd love to have her! :)

    -H

    ReplyDelete