Monday, October 1, 2012

Rachel: Mewko!

.......I just wanted to post some more about my book. Not extensively like last time (because, let's face it, that's seeeerious overkill) but I was just feeling inspired and needed to type to SOMEBODY. For the hell of it. I'll just make this sort of an update on what's going on with my planning process right now instead of a full-blown let-me-tell-you-every-detail-of-everything-ever. So here's what's gone down since my last post. Don't worry, this will be short; I'm going to be eating dinner soon, and then I have to go to "old man band."

Okay, so I know more about Mewko now :) Which definitely makes me happy. Ketta, unfortunately, is still in the works, but I'm sure I'll figure him out before November. I've decided that Mewko is pretty cute and sweet, but she has a dark side. Not much of one but...well, you'll see what I mean. I think I mentioned that she spends a lot of time caring for children, and therefore would have developed sort of a harsh motherly instinct that shows itself whenever people are getting ready to do things that could potentially hurt them. If they look like they're going to be dumb and go through with whatever potentially dangerous thing they're doing, she threatens them with a knife until they settle down. Just so she doesn't sound like a total psychopath, know that EVERYONE carries around some sort of weapon in my book, not just her. But still...she is mostly really nice, but she has an edge. Which I think makes for an interesting character, maybe.

I promised this would be short, and ta-da, it is! You are welcome. I'd like to get into the habit of making my posts so short, but we all know that probably won't occur any time in the foreseeable future. I hope you are all alive and well :)

-Iridian

1 comment:

  1. I love that you were inspired and needed tell someone, so you came here. That's exactly what this blog is for and it makes me happy knowing that you did!

    I wrote a little something about Mewko in your previous post (and I apologise if I got any of the names wrong in my comment too. It's really late), but you seem to have her pretty figured out. How old is she? With the motherly thing I picture her a bit older, but then the sweet and cute doesn't sound like someone who would be middle aged.

    What's an "old man band" too? Am I just dumb and not getting it hahah?

    ReplyDelete