Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Nicole: A little update

It's been a long time since I've updated on here. The little in my title is meant to be ironic, in case you didn't notice.

Well this year I've hardly written at all, except for school, which when I think about it I'm pretty disappointed. I'm excited and very scared though because I only have two weeks of classes left as of next week and then exams, and it's over forever! No more fricking school uniforms! I've been doing really well in my English and English literature subjects though, so I have still been forced to still write, whether it's just essays or a few creative pieces (I really don't mean to brag but I'm so happy I got 96% on my essay about "On the Waterfront", and my creative piece in lit which was the one I wanted to do well on got 90%. I was so shocked because I'm the worst student ever, I hate studying.) It's lucky I am going well in those subjects though, because my maths and psychology scores have been pretty bad all year.

I had to put in my Uni preferences the other day, and every time I thought about it I felt like I was gonna projectile vomit everywhere. I've been so caught up in working on my photography and going on to study that (or tourism if I didn't get the right mark or have my portfolio ready), that I hadn't really considered many other options. Plus, I'm doing a Certificate in photography this year instead of one school subject, so it takes away from my end of year score (which wouldn't be that great anyway.) I really ended up not being keen on doing photography anymore, because I absolutely hate the course I'm doing. The teacher and course are just so lazy, I feel like I've taught myself more than I've learnt. My biggest regret is choosing to continue it this year because I feel like it's stunted my creativity with photography so much.

Anyway, so back to my point: I was putting them in and just having a look at the other courses, because we get twelve choices, and I stumbled across a Bachelor of Arts in Creative and Professional writing. As soon as I saw it, I wanted to slap myself across the face because I couldn't believe I'd forgotten that for so long that's exactly what I wanted to do. So I had a little look, and I can do an elective in Literary studies (and the description sounds so amazing) and another one, which will be a heap of work, in anthropology and possibly go onto anthropology when I turn twenty one and this god damn score is irrelevant. I only need 55/99 (to put our scoring system simply), but I'm just not sure. I've applied for special consideration for my anxiety disorder, so I just hope they have a look at that if I don't get the mark I need.

So I really hope I can keep focused on knowing that I want to do that, because it really was one of those moment where everything just seems to click and fall into place. I'm hoping that coming back on here will help with that though!

As for writing, like I said, I haven't really written much just for myself all year. I'm trying to get back into just some short stories for now in case I need a portfolio for the course, and I've noticed that what I want to write about has changed a whole lot. I think I really want to use writing to explore my own questions about religion, different people and life in general and I'm straying away from supernatural and fantasy. I just finished a short story that I might upload soon, actually.

Wow this is getting long, I don't mean to ramble! There hasn't been a lot else going on. I'm still desperate and dateless, there have been some boys, but I'm so picky when I really shouldn't be, I probably should just take what I can get hahah. I really shouldn't be either because my town really has two types of boys. Bogan and gross, because I don't live in a very fabulous town, and by bogan and gross I mean they wear those stupid snapbacks and jeans half way down their asses, drinking and smoking most weekends - actually probably during the week too. Or far too Aussie, if that makes sense, and by too Aussie I mean these typical boys that drive utes, drink beer  and camp and live on farms and are fairly small minded.

I want to date a writer God damn it! Alright, I'll be honest. I want to date a writer from Ireland who will read to me and go on adventures with me. I'm going to be a lonely old woman with cats, I can see it now.

AND has anyone else got the new Mumford & Sons album Babel. OH LORDY I AM SO IN LOVE I WANNA DIE EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO IT AND RIP OUT MY HEART AND SOB. It's so flipping perfect.

Also, do we want to change the look of the blog? Something fresh for our fresh start? If nobody else wants to do it, I'm happy to. It might take me a while to figure out how to work this new website layout though... ugh. Anyway, I'd love to hear how everyone else has been doing too! Goodbye all.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Babel is soooo great!! And I think a new look for the blog is a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so much. I'm not too sure if I love it as much as their first album, it's getting close the more I learn and listen to their new songs though. They're actually coming to Australia in October, but I missed out on tickets and any on eBay are so overpriced. I want to cry every time I listen to them because I can't see them live, it's so depressing.

    Also, what's your Tumblr? I'd love to follow you, and I read that you had one on your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that sucks, I want to see them too sooooo bad!!
    My tumblr is theneonchronicles.tumblr.com. What's yours? I'd love to follow you back. :)

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUMFORD AND SONS. AHH!

    -H

    ReplyDelete