Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cori: That crazy old cat lady.

I used to have one living by me...we actually called her The Crazy Lady. She went around the neighborhoods and picked up all the trash in people's yards, and tried to steal my cats a few times. But anyway...she's not what this post is about.

Looking at the status of someone more than a year younger than me, and reading about how they're getting laid and wasted every Friday, makes me feel kind of old. I swear I'm going to be that crazy old cat lady someday...and seeing as I love cats (and bats), I don't think I'll mind it all that much. I really only like cats, bats, and the occasional dog though. Animals kind of annoy me. But I'll never let them be hurt, and I'll always end up with some weird animal (mostly cats) following me home when I take walks haha. If I didn't know any better I would say my hair is made out of catnip.

So I tried vodka for the first time the other day. You know that hospital smell? The disinfectant-and-people-have-just-pissed-and/or-died-in-this-place smell? Yeah, that's what vodka tastes like.

It's kind of funny. When we were younger, my older brother and I stayed up until ten to play with Beanie Babies while our parents thought we were asleep. Now we stay up until three to drink vodka and watch disgusting videos.

...We haven't changed much, now that I think about it.

Honestly...I'm bored out of my mind. I have to have something occupying my mind at all times or else I'll get so bored that I'll do nothing but lay on the couch for twelve hours, too bored to even blink, and think depressing thoughts. My grandpa got sick of it when I was six so he taught me Sudoku. My best time is three minutes on easy, and eight on extreme. He's teaching me how to play chess, poker, and rummy now. I'm going to have the best freaking poker face in the world by the time I'm eighteen.

So, uh...Caged. That sounds like a fun topic. I didn't do NaNoWriMo this year, because just thinking about it makes me want to scream (I've really burned myself out lately. Blah), but I have been writing quite a bit. Mostly just random little scenes...and mostly in French class. Madam Marsh wants me to write my latest one in French. I'm screwed. (I don't know what 'blood' is in French. Or 'scream,' now that I think about it. Quelle horreur!)

I think I'm going to go play Sudoku now...or write...or lay on the couch. Oh, look, Jamie is online...I think I'll go bother her.

4 comments:

  1. No you won't! Ahaha, I'll be eighteen in a month, and I have never had alcohol... hell, I've never even kissed anyone because the only boys that actually ask me out are the ones that end up with nicknames like 'boner boy' (true story... :$) or Asparagus boy, of football boy, or paintball boy... And I'm way too socially awkward to ask out anyone I like.
    If you're a lonely old cat lady, I will totally move in next to you so that we can be lonely old cat ladies together! Only, I'd much rather have dogs.
    Also, I can help with your french! :D I love french.
    Blood is 'le sang' and to scream is 'crier.' I promise there is no sketchy reason as to how I know those words in French! ;) ...Or is there?! O.o

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still sixteen lol. Had my first kiss when I was ten...he tasted like lime yogurt. 'Little Boner Boy' lmao.
    I can be the crazy cat lady. You can be the crazy dog lady.
    Yay! I'm not going to die after all!

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it seems i'm the only one qualified to be the resident SAAWAKM alcohol expert, here are some tips.
    1. Vodka is not good by itself. and no one drinks it that way, because, surprisingly, alcohol can taste good. Try mixing it with orange juice or sprite. Flavored vodka is good too, but i still recommend mixing it with something.
    2. If you don't have a mixer, use chasers. Take a shot of vodka and drink something with a strong taste right after. Like coke. It'll take the sting out of the vodka.
    3. When the drink tastes good, its really, really easy to over do it. So, never take more than two - three shots an hour until you learn your own tolerance levels. Also, the more you drink the easier it is to lose track of how much you've actually had. And alcohol has a delay time, a shot you take now won't hit you fully for a good twenty to thirty minutes, so people tend to continue to drink, not realizing their previous drinks haven't taken effect yet. Easiest way to over do it and get sick.

    So, there are some drinking tips. I love drinking, and I do it regularly, and so will mist of you when you go to college. Its a pretty big part of the lifestyle. Not that you have to to, if you don't want to. I drink every weekend, but I also pretty much live at a frat house... Haha.

    Heres my favorite drink

    1/4 cup of pineapple rum
    1 Green Apple Smirnoff ice
    1/2 cup of sprite

    My boyfriend's fridge is completely full of Smirnoff because of me. Haha. And sprite.

    I feel like i'm corrupting you, haha. But, you're going to drink no matter what, might as well go in knowing some fun facts.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Ever tried moonshine? I recently tried the one and only sip I'll ever have, but...it tasted like apple pie. Not bad. Never again, though. xD

    My older brother bought some cranberry pomegranate juice to mix the vodka with the other day =D! Hopefully that'll make it taste good; he says it does.

    I probably won't have more than one...first time and all. I don't think I have a high tolerance anyway - I had a beer the other night and woke up with a huge hangover headache. I suck. Haha!

    Pineapple rum? Sounds good! My mom likes that stuff too.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete