Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nicole: You all suck!

Where is everyone!? I can't really talk, but I have been MIA because of my exams. I miss you all! Congrats to the American girls too on getting Obama as a president again!

Howdy, I was going to make a post after I'd finished exams, but I came on and saw that hardly anyone had been posting so I thought I'd make a quick one. I have my last exam tomorrow! It's English Lit, so it should be fine, but I still have a quarter of a book to read for it *wooops.* I'll do it, it's all okay.

I finished up school for good. It was all sad and wearing my uniform for the last time and all that jazz, and then I realised I never ever have to go back there or see those people. We had our muck up day where we go crazy, pull pranks, dress up, trash the school and be really really loud which was super fun. I'm starting to get excited for it to be over completely, and be able to start fresh without school for a bit.

I haven't really been writing because I've been attempting to study for exams, plus my Joseph Gordon-Levitt obsession is getting a little hard to handle. Can you blame me though? I haven't really been writing either because I showed my work to a friend (and I rarely show my writing to anyone but you guys because I'm so self conscious about it) and he gave me some pretty negative comments, which I understand and I appreciate the criticism, but it was hard because I do get so private and shy about it and I do respect him so much. So there was that as well, it really put me off writing for a while.

I think I have something new to write about though! I had a weird dream the other night that I could hardly remember, and my mum kept interrupting, but I jotted down what I could from it and I think it might be interesting. Along with that, this Ryan Gosling quote about the movie "Drive" (watch it if you haven't, it's a little gruesome but I love it) really tickled my fancy: "Cars can have a hypnotic effect. You can get in a car and get out and not really remember the trip. We tried to make this film about driving, not about driving fast or stunts. When you drive, you can kind of put your identity aside in the passenger's seat, because you're not being watched, and you can just be the watcher."

I'll wait until my final exam is over and see what I can come up with. I hope everyone is going well.

Also, how was Halloween for everyone!? I love it, but Australia doesn't celebrate it (well, you can but if you do you're kind of a tool) so if you have any pictures of your costumes I'd love to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment