Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Heather: I've Succumbed.

    Succumbed to writing the one thing I've always wanted to try. A fairy tale rewrite. Unlike Nicole, I never, ever can think of anything good when it comes to fairy tales. (Don't worry, Nicole, it's nothing like any of yours, all of which I still love. I'm a sucker for fairy tale rwrites... :') )

    I'm not nearly as serious about this as I am Radiance, which I am STILL writing, by the way, I'm just writing this one as more of a laidback, I-just-want-to-see-where-this-goes-when-I-get-writers-block-type of story. Haha, but it's exciting no less. :'')

     It's called: The Ever Afters. 

The blurb:

Selma Thompson doesn’t belong here; wherever ‘here’ is. The world as she knows it is, well, it’s gone. She’s been sucked into a brand new universe- only this time it wasn’t through a wardrobe, or down a rabbit hole, and it certainly wasn’t an accident.

In a place where the creatures that could only ever have existed in fairy-tales roam free and corruption is as common as a runny nose in winter, Selma is stuck with a world of problems. First there’s the evil Queen Vara, and her never nevers- an army of spies out to destroy true love, and happy endings.

Then there are the ever afters- a band of outlaws determined to prove that Selma is really Snow White, and she’s the fairest one of all. Except that this time around, it’s the prince who ate the poisoned apple and Selma’s the only one who can save him.

Her life will never be the same. After all, true loves first kiss is the stuff of fairy-tales.

Copyright (C) Heather Johansson

But yeah, this is just for writing for fun; no planning, no nothing, just a random, fun story. I've already written abou 500 words. :)

EDIT :  There may now be a possibility I was lying to myself and I like this more than I lead you all to believe... Poor Radiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment