Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kas: *Sob*

Before you read this, go listen to this:

I know I haven't been posting this past week, and the reason is because not only am i not writing at all, im also trying to come to grips with the fact that next week will most likely be the end of my life... Literally.

As you all im sure already know, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 comes out next week, and im extremely terrified. I know a lot of you have mentioned it in your posts, but i really couldn't bring myself to comment on them... Because I know that i can never honestly express my love for these books.

Harry Potter has been such a huge part of my life, i have no idea how to cope with the idea that the story is over. And yes, i know that the story will never die and everything, but the fact that this is the last new Harry Potter film ever, is terrifying me.

I never realized how big a part of my life Harry Potter has been until now. I think i've told all of you, by now, that i used to make Harry Potter videos, but I don't think any of you really realized how much of my life it truly was.

I can remember spending everyday, all night working on those videos. and I loved every second of it. Then, writing happened and i kind of stopped my videos. But, in light of the premiere, im going to try and make a new video to that song^ before the premiere.

Harry Potter is what made me decide I wanted to try writing. Without it, this blog would never have been created, and I would never have met any of you. J.K. Rowling is the biggest inspiration I have.

Harry Potter has taught me so many, many things. I can't imagine my life, or what kind of person I might have turned out to be, without it. I only just realized that, up until about two weeks ago, I had been going out of my way not to acknowledge that this was the final movie. But, its definitely hitting me hard now.

I know that Harry Potter will never truly end, but something very big and very scary is definitely happening now... and im still not sure how to deal with it.

But, Im trying my best to make this final premiere the best of them all, (I've been to three, this will be my fourth.) I've made t-shirts and ordered feather hair extensions in the house colors, bought Dark-Mark tattoos, and my cousin and I are making butter beer.

Something I know will help me cope with the premiere next week, is the fact that i am getting my HP tattoo on my 18th birthday. Exactly 221 days away. Im still unsure as to what im going to get, and i have a feeling ill end up getting more than one eventually, but this first one I want to mean so much. I have a few picked out, but i think it will take me a while to really choose...

Anyways, i guess this post was just a way for me to get out everything I'm feeling.

So, even though it may seem like the world is crashing down, and I know that in exactly 1 week and 41 minutes I'll be sobbing, I can still see that even after this movie is over, Harry Potter will never die. Generations to come will read and love these books just as much as we have, but I feel so privileged to have been here for the premieres and book releases, the excitement and anticipation, and the fact that we are the only ones who can ever honestly call themselves the Harry Potter generation. It is truly the end of an era...

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment