Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nicole: Gettin' high

Get ready for a long post. I'm not too sure how many of you read it, but earlier I decided that I was temporarily resigning since I just didn't feel like myself and I wanted some time. I had today off school because I worked last night and I could hardly move out of bed, so I decided to get some writing done on the new Submerged. I got around 3000 words down, but I just wasn't "feeling" it.

So, I went on Youtube and checked out what my subscriptions had posted I saw Kaleb Nation, a nineteen year old published author I'm subscribed to, had done something called "Inside The Beautiful Darkness". Basically, he went on a book tour with Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (the authors of Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness) and did a little documentary-type-thing. It was actually really interesting even though I hadn't read the books, but I'd seen them all over K-Mart in the book section.

He was interviewing Margaret in the car and she said that writing feels like you're high, and although I've never been high off of drugs, I think that describes the rush of creating something perfectly. If you guys wanna check out the first part, it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiwGlcgZ1I

I realised after watching it how much I missed writing and the support of you guys, so I'm back. Yes, I lied. Well, not really. I did spend about three days away from here and not checking it.... okay, that's a lie too. I checked like four times a day. ;P. But, after checking out the books website and watching the books trailer, I've decided that I want to write something gothic and eerie. I might post a new idea soon(;. But I'm back.

3 comments:

  1. Writing is definitely like getting high. I totally know what that author means.

    And I missed you, I'm glad you're back. We're here to support you!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Ash said! Haha. :)

    -H

    ReplyDelete