Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sarah: Good Ol' Turkey Day

Here's a schedule of my Thanksgiving (which we're celebrating on the Saturday after this year...)

9:00 AM: Rise. Grumble. Shower. Grumble some more. Eat breakfast while grumbling. (I'm not, like, a morning person at all)
10:00 AM: Turn on the Macy's Parade and start helping Momster with the fixings. I like to make the Jell-O because I'm good at it.
10:30 AM: Contemplate going back to bed.
10:37 AM: Decide that wouldn't be a good idea. After all, Momster needs all the help she can get.
11:00 AM: Set the table (I'm, like, super OCD about the knives being perfect and the napkins being folded and plates all facing the same way...so they let me do it)
11:30 AM: Decide what to do with my hair and face.
12:00 PM: My bestie arrives right in the middle of straightening my hair or putting on mascara. We laugh a little at my ridiculousness.
12:30 PM: Finish helping Momster with the food.
1:00 PM: Help my dad fry a turkey, which involves a lot of "Oh my God!'s", "It's hot, it's hot, it's hot!'s" and "Put the damn bird in the oil!"
2:00 PM: Greet family and receive hugs. This is difficult because most of my family is about five feet tall whereas I am a giantess.
3:00 PM: EAT UNTIL I CAN'T BREATHE
4:30 PM: Dishes.
5:00 PM: Board games. My family is very competitive, so this can get intense. Especially with UNO or Apples to Apples.
6:00 PM: Celebrate my birthday with presents and cake. (Even though I don't blow out the candles until the 7th of December, my family is lazy and don't want to come up again).
7:00 PM: Me and the bestie play some Wii or watch a movie(s).
10:00 PM: SLEEP.

So tell me, what do YOU do for Thanksgiving? Even you Canadians, eh, who already celebrated it. And Nicole, is Thanksgiving celebrates in Aussie?


4 comments:

  1. Here's my schedule, lmao.
    10:30 AM: Wake up.
    11:00 AM: Actually get out of bed and shower.
    11:30 AM: Yell at my little brothers and eat something random that my brother made me.
    12:00 PM: Help mom make mashed potatos, which involves singing crap from Lion King and getting white goop splattered on the walls.
    12:30 PM: Make pie with dad.
    1:00 PM: Teach Zack, my little brother, weird string games.
    1:30 PM: Kick Max, my older brother and get into a huge fight that involves beating each other with wooden sticks.
    2:00 PM: Bathe Preston, my OTHER little brother.
    2:30 PM: Finally manage to get Preston into some clothes and stop running around the house in his birthday suit.
    3:00 PM: Get yelled at for some random thing I did last week.
    3:30 PM: Eat a bunch of food and throw up because I ate too much turkey and crap =D!
    4:00 PM: Sit around with my brothers, drinking sparkling grape juice.
    4:30 PM: Fight over the remaining sparkling grape juice.
    5:00-12:00 PM/AM: Write some more of my NaNo novel.
    12:30 AM: SLEEP, DAMMIT, SLEEP!

    I have nice Thanksgivings...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thanksgiving. My family is AMAZING! :P

    My Day:
    10:00 AM- Wke up, shower, get ready. This is all very extensive because im a perfectionist. I even have a shower schedule...

    11:30 AM- Walk to my Grandma's after everyone else in my family has already made it... We all live less than 5 minutes from each other. :D

    11:35- take my cousin back to her house so she can get... wait for it... APPLES TO APPLES! Our family plays it at EVERY holiday and Birthday! We are also very competative, we also play Taboo alot... haha.

    12:00- Eat! Haha. I still insist on eating at the "kids" table, but it really shouldn't be called that, because the two youngest kids sit at the big table, and the four of us that sit at my table are over 14...

    1:00- Play APPLES TO APPLES. I tied with my cousin... :(

    3:00- Yes we did just play that game for 2 hours.. Now, I go to my mom's family, sigh. I hate going there...

    4:30- get back from my moms. All my cousins are still there of course, so we go out and pick up pecans. Its a family tradition, since my grandparents have like 300 pecan trees and they sell them, we pick up where the picjer cant reach... we get paid $1.50 per pound. Haha.

    6:30- My sister and her bf, two cousins, aunt and uncle leave. So now theres only me, my baby sister, my two cousins & their parents, g-parents, and my dad left. So, we play Taboo! Haha. Me and my cousin Rachel smoke them all...

    Sadly, then they leave, and me and my dad and sister go home. And i just got back. :P

    I love thanksgiving...

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aussieland doesn't celebrate thanksgiving, so I dont think Nicole would either. :P

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drive five hours to my grandmother's, and try to explain to her that I won't be eating turkey, because I'm a vegetarian. It takes all day for her to stop telling me I can eat meat on special occasions....
    Then, they have turkey, I have vegetarian pasta, and I spend the rest of the night with my little cousins, aged 1 to 9. They're awesome.
    Oh, and while I try to explain to my grandma that no, I won't eat meat on Christmas either, we are very likely on one of her ten kilometer walks....

    ReplyDelete