Friday, May 20, 2011

Sarah: My life right now can be explained in Taylor Swift Songs

1. My fears:
Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little sister's favorite songs
I just realized everything I have
Is someday gonna be gone
So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on
Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown up
Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
Could still be little
Oh, I don't wanna grow up, wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple

2. My high school:
You, with your switching sides and your walk-by lies and your humiliation
You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them
I'll bet you got pushed around, somebody made you cold
But the cycle ends right now 'cause you can't lead me down that road
And you don't know what you don't know
Someday I'll be living in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean

3. My "friends":
I used to know my spot was next to you
Now I'm searching the room for an empty seat
'Cause lately I don't even know what page you're on
Oh, a simple complication
Miscommunications lead to fallout
So many things that I wish you knew
So many walls up, I can't break through
And we're not speaking
And I'm dying to know, is it killing you
Like it's killing me?

4. My family (particularily my sister, who is struggling with things at school):
Wasn’t it easier in your firefly-catchin’ days?
Wasn’t it beautiful runnin’ wild ’til you fell asleep?
Before the monsters caught up to you?
It’s all right, just wait and see
Your string of lights is still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not what you’ve been
You’re still an innocent

5. My personal thoughts:
But I took your matches before fire could catch me
So don't look now
I'm shining like fireworks over
Your sad, empty town

So, yeah, that's about it. And yes, I know it's corny, but it's the truth. :)

2 comments:

  1. I may not be a Taylor Swift fan, but the school and friends are definitely applying to me right now too...

    Good luck is all I can really think of saying.

    -H

    ReplyDelete