Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kas: May have figured it out. :)

So.. As i said before, I've recently been thinking about different ways that we could get SAAWAKM up and running again. Even though everyone does seem to be posting a lot more. :)

So, the first idea, which Ned mentioned in her post, is to re-boot the YouTube channel. :) I know last time we only did one week, and then no one touched it again, haha, but I really love the idea. I also got a awesome new professional camera for christmas. :)

If you may want to do the YouTube channel as well, I think the best way to start it off would be to have a contest. I love watching videos about writing and other things on YouTube, and Nat I loved yours, so I thought that could be a good contest. Everyone make a video about something. It doesn't have to be writing... and then we can have an anonymous vote on who wins. That person will get an undetermined prize, of course. Because we all know how much I love to buy things. :)

I'd like to have a different contest on the YouTube, maybe something simpler? But I have no ideas, so give me some! :D

Also, for the actual blog, I think we should have a contest here as well. Because I know there are some people who aren't allowed to participate in the YouTube channel. So, for that contest, I'm not sure if it should be about writing, or not. Because I know there are some people who haven't been writing as much lately, and Heather and I work together so it would give us a very unfair advantage.

I do, however, want it to be more of a longer contest. maybe a month long? and there could be different ways to earn yourself points... And at the end, the person with the most points wins whatever prize i eventually figure out. Haha. But, i don't really knwo what the things for people to do could be... Ideas?

So, yeah, I know there weren't any complete ideas in this post, but I need your help with this guys! :D

So, commmmmeeeeennnnnnttttt. ? :)

-Kas

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm angry, I already wrote this comment and somehow it got deleted. But anyway -

    YouTube Contest -
    I love this idea (mostly because I love videomaking.)
    Ideas:
    -video about writing (completely open-ended)
    -vlog about what you've been writing
    -skit/narrative from a character's perspective
    -why you love SAAWAKM

    SAAWAKM Contest -
    I think we should do a points system, personally.
    Ideas:
    -points for your monthly word count
    -points for the number of posts you make (that are actually meaningful/insightful/relevant)
    -points for commenting on other posts (comments also have to be thoughtful, not just a 1-word response that took you 2 seconds).
    -points for posting excerpts on OSAAWAKMS
    -points for critiquing other people's excerpts on OSAAWAKMS
    -points for emailing other members?
    -points for promoting SAAWAKM, sharing on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube etc.

    I think there are a few ideas that I wrote the first time I typed this comment that I forgot when I typed it again. But I'll remember them eventually, and also come up with a few more I'm sure. I'm actually super excited for this idea now. :D

    Oh, and I'd like to propose one other thing - I don't know everyone's exam schedules, but mine run until the end of January, so I was kind of hoping we could start the challenge in February, or plan it around everyone's exams.

    -Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, so I abdolutely LOVE the idea of a contest for video making.
    Like Nat/Ash- lol- I am a huge video making freak! I also just got a new more professional camera, so that should be super fun.
    I think we should do vlogs weekly. It can be sort of on anything, you know? Kinda like we do here. And than we also have like a challenge a month?

    I love the idea of doing something from one of our characters perspectives.

    SAAWAKM Contest.
    -We should definitely promote ourselves more. I feel like if we had more readers we'd be more inclined to write. I like Ash's point system idea.

    I don't have any exams until june. (grins) but I understand that you guys must be super busy, so I agree that we should wait till February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea. I don't have a video camera, but that doesn't mean that my brother(s) or friends don't have one. I could make videos with some friends haha.
    I also like what Nat was suggesting - a point system. That would be perfect.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete