Monday, January 30, 2012

Kas: YouTube!

Okay guys, I know the blogs been pretty quiet for the past week or so, but it's time to change that!

This week is officially the first week of the YouTube channel! Yay! Hahaha.

Some of you may not be able to participate yet, or even at all. But if you can, comment and let me know, so that I can make a recent videos page on the blog, where we can link to our most recent videos.

Heather, I haven't talked to you, so i don't know if you've gotten the camera yet... I sent it a week and a half ago, so you might not have.I'm waiting for you to log on now so i can ask youuuu. :)

Okay, so I think maybe I should go over everything that i've figured out, just so everyone's on the same page.

We will have themes, most likely every week. I know some people said we should only have them sometimes, but I feel like the group needs structure, or we'll end up not making the videos. However, some weeks will have very loose themes, like talk about writing, etc. And there will be some where the theme is pretty restricting where we know exactly what to do, like take us to your favorite place.

You can upload your video pretty much whenever you like throughout the week. However, try to upload the weeks video before the week is over... to avoid confusion about themes.

The titles of the videos will be similar to post titles,

EX:
Kas: (Title of video.)

The descriptions, however, can say whatever you like. But you have to write;

Week 1: (Theme of the week)

at the top of the description, and then whatever else you want to say underneath it.

This way it's easy to keep everything organized and not confusing.

Of course, everyone doesn't have to participate in every week, but I've decided that as a way to keep everyone motivated, i'm going to make the youtube a contest of sorts. Every month, I'm going to record how many videos each person has made, there should be four a month if everything goes as planned, and then every three months, those people who made the most videos get either a t-shirt, or whatever other prizes i can think of.

Also, I think I'm going to do a seperate contest on the youtube as well. Every Sunday, we'll have an anonymous vote on who has made the best video that week and that person will get a point, at the end of the three months, the person with the most points will get a prize. I thought it would be a good way to reward the person that has consistently worked hard and made good videos.

From now on, the weeks will begin on Monday and end on Sunday, so if you want to make a video for the week, try your hardest to have it up by Sunday night if at all possible. We'll do the anonymous vote on Sunday, and we'll assign the theme for the next week on Sunday as well. I'll tell everyone the winner of the anonymous vote on Monday, and we'll have a page to keep track of everything.

 I'll keep everything updated, though, so none of you need to worry about it. That way we can be sure that no one adds their own point and then i end up adding another without realizing.

Alright, so the theme of this week is going to be make a video about writing. It can be like Nat's video which is here, it could just be you talking about what writing means to you, it can be anthing you like really. Just make it about writing. :)

Alright, if you're going to participate at all in the YouTube, please leave a comment on this post so that I know who to add to the lists and such on the pages. You can start posting your videos as soon as you like!

Good Luck!

-Kas.

7 comments:

  1. I'm definitely participating. :)

    Can I use my original writing video as my entry for this week, and reupload it to the SAAWAKM channel??

    -Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind, I have a new idea to make. :)

    -Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Nat you can do that, if you change your mind about the new idea. :)

    -Kas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't do it yet :(
    No video camera access. But I will soon, since my friends and I will be doing a science project (we're making parachutes, taping eggs to them, and dropping them off of something) and we just might video tape it...

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in. Right now I'm going through a lot, I just lost my brother over the weekend but I'm still up for the videos... How do I get the login information for the youtube channel? I can't wait to do these. :) I'll be posting after I'm done with this. So... Wa la!

    Kamiella Maze

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sage will be making hers with me, because I'm forcing her to.
    -Ned.

    ReplyDelete