Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kas: New Year Resolutions.

So, I may have been a bit MIA for the past few weeks. I tried for a few weeks to get everyone to post, and eventually I kind of just gave up. Then, it was kind of hard to work up the motivation to post when I felt like no one was even going to read it. So, I took a bit of an unplanned break from SAAWAKM.

But, I'm glad to see that some of you did come out of hiding while I was gone... Especially Ned. She deserves an Internet high five for taking over the insistant posting telling everyone to get on. :)

But, I am trying to think of new ways to get everyone online and posting. But it'll take me a few days to come up with some new challenge. However, in the mean time, I decided to update everybody on my life.

Heather and I did manage to write like half of a scene yesterday, haha. And hopefuly we'll work some more during this week. I'm working at my dad's tax office again, since it's tax season, and last year this is the time when we got the most work done, because I am pretty much confined to a computer everyday. So, hopefully that happens again this year.

My school schedule is pretty hilariously easy this semester. I'm taking 4 classes at my high school, and 2 online college classes. One of the college classes doesn't start until February though.

The schedule is...

1st Hour: Teacher's Aid
2nd Hour: Mentoring (which I don't actually go to, me and a friend go get food instead.)
3rd Hour: College Algebra (technically this is one of my online classes, I just get a sort of 'study hour' to work on it. I don't actually have to do anything if I don't want to.)
4th Hour: Teacher's Aid again, for the same teacher as first hour...
5th Hour: Concurrent (which is just saying 'she doesn't have to come this hour because shes taking a college class')
6th Hour: Job out. (So, I just get out to go to work.)

So right after 4th Hour I leave and go to work. It's so incredibly easy that I don't understand why I even need to be there. Oh well...

I don't think I've told any of you this before, but in 1 month and 5 days I turn 18! And i'm going with m older sister to get tattoos. :P We've been planning on getting Sister tattoos since I was like 11 and she was 15.

We picked out the quote about two years ago, and it is something we both really liked because it symbolizes the way we treat each other really well. Even though we are 4 years apart, we've spent our entire lives having to deal with some diffcult things as a team. And despite our age difference there are still a lot of things that I've had to teach her or give her advice about, and vice versa. She's never treated me as a younger sister, in my opinion, because she has never treated me as though she knows anything more than I do.

Anyways, we also have a little sister, and because she is so much younger than us (7 years younger than me, and 11 years younger than my older sister) The quote of the tattoo doesn't apply to her as much, so we wanted to incorporate her into it as well. So, I had the idea of putting three birds into the picture. The smallest representing my little sister, the middle representing me, and the largest representing my older sister.

Here's a picture of the two options i came up with. I like the one without the names better, but my older sister like the names one. So we still have to decide on that...






So, yeah. I really like it.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get my Harry Potter tattoo on my birthday, or if I want to wait a while between the two. I decided to get the HP quote "Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic." on my side. I know it's from the movies, not the books, but it really ties in writing as well. I'm going to put something else along with it, like a snitch or the deathly hallows symbol. I doubt it will be either of those, though, because they're really over done. I just can't decide what to put.

I know this is getting to be a really long post, but I dont care. haha.

So, the last thing I want to share with all of you, is my new year resolutions. I have 6, and I hopefully can get all them done. :P I'll explain a few of them better in a few days...

1.       Read 50 books.
2.       Finish silver.
3.       Lose 40 pounds.
4.       Start using my DeviantArt account and my new camera.
5.       Do a college life YouTube Vlog.
6.       Die my hair bright red.
So.. I now challenge all of you to tell me your New Year resolutions and update me about your life, no matter how boring!. :D and.... GO!

-K


1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet it made me cry...and now I'm getting looks from the other people in the library. I also like the one without the names, but I think it's because I like the placement of the birds better. Congratulations Kas on deciding something so gorgeous. LOVE

    ReplyDelete