Friday, July 6, 2012

Nat: Helping Ned, and asking for help :P

Hi ladies!
Sorry I haven't made a post in a while, but I'm back. :)

NED! It was so great to hear from you, I feel like you've been gone FOREVER. It's awesome to have you back. Here, I have a few name suggestions for you, if you still need some:
-Vivienne (means "Lady of the Lake," could be shortened to Viv)
-Cordelia (means "of the sea")
-Morgana (dweller of the sea)
-Meredith (protector of the sea)
-Adrienne (or pretty much any variation of it)
-Genevieve (white wave)
-Nerissa (from the sea)
-Kai or Kailani (of the sea)
-Caspian (nickname Cass?)
-Hudson
More names: http://hasani.net.phtemp.com/water.html
I don't know if these were at all what you were thinking, but I tried. ;)

I didn't celebrate July 4th because I'm not American, haha, but July 1st was Canada Day and I went and saw fireworks then. :)

I got a new laptop. It's a MacBook Air and I love it a lot! It's awesome for writing, too, and staying organized.

Speaking of writing - I realized that I haven't really told you guys about what I've been writing for a super long time. I've been bouncing back and forth between ideas for quite a while, but my I am really loving my newest one.

It's basically like the last memoir of a girl who has cancer. It kind of tells the story of her life, through a series of diary entries, quotes, and letters to people that have made some kind of an impact on her life.
I have 11 of the 12 letters outlined, but I don't know what to do for one of the letters, and I wanted to ask you guys if you had any ideas. So here's a question for you:
If you were writing letters to people, telling them things you wished you'd got the chance to tell them before, who would you write to/what would you say? If you feel comfortable telling me, that would be awesome. Also if at all possible, think outside of the box on this one, think of people OTHER THAN your parents, siblings, and best friends. But I would appreciate any help you guys could give me on this. :D  

Talk to you all soon,

Nat


1 comment:

  1. If I were dying and wanted to write letters to people who had made an impact on my life, I would, of course, write to my friends and people like that. But I would also be sure to write letters to other people, people like teachers, mentors, and what have you. For example, I would write a letter to my sixth/seventh grade teacher because she is the one who encouraged me to write, and that changed my life. I would write to my violin teacher as well, since she changed my life in a similar way...but musically. I would write a letter to my friend's dad who works at NASA and believes in my physics-related dreams more than I do and is more than willing to help me achieve them. I would write to Joy Hecht, this girl who taught me the basics of playing the trombone when I was in ninth grade and thus helped to open up a completely new door to the musical world for me (in case you haven't guessed, music is important to me.) I would write to my ex-boyfriend because he taught me what unconditional love feels like. I might also write a few letters to no one in particular, if that makes any sense. I might just address them to "Earth" or to "whoever ends up receiving this" and poor my soul out to an imaginary reader. I don't know...these are just the people who I would make sure I wrote to if I got the chance. If I think of anybody more interesting I'll add that on here as well.

    ReplyDelete