Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rachel: Just posting.

I decided that I didn't want to torture you all with another long post about my book, so I thought it would just post about regular old things like a normal person.

I had the WORST day at the farm/house/place thing this morning. I have no idea what I was paying for, but the universe felt like punching me in the face. A goat got out, I ran out of turkey food, the watering system went haywire...it was incredibly lame, but I got through it, so I win. It takes more than that to defeat Rachel Molina. Let that be a lesson to you, world.

Let's see, what else has been happening...well, this is not exactly an eloquent or even very interesting tale, but I journeyed to see a dermatologist on Monday. For those of you who haven't seen what I look like other than that picture that picture that Jamie put up a long time ago, I have some kind of intense acne, so we decided to do something about it. Usually when I see a dermatologist they just talk to me and give me some meds that don't really help, but this time it was CRAZY. The doctor just looked at me and immediately told me what they were going to do. I thought that they meant I would have stuff done in a different appointment, but about two seconds later they made me get a chemical peel and gave me shots. In my face. In my acne. I know this is not a cute story, but I have to rant about it to somebody because it was AWFUL. Apparently some of my acne is cystic, and they made me get injections directly into the cysts!!! I know this is disgusting so I'll stop talking about it, but UGH my life is so weird.

On a less gross note, I finally started my summer reading for school. We have to read East of Eden, and you know what? It's actually quite good so far. I usually am not a Steinbeck fan, but I really like this book...for now. There's still plenty of time for Steinbeck to change my mind for me, but like I said: so far, so good. I don't know if you've begun reading it yet, Jamie, but I would recommend you do. Not only because it's pretty thick, but because you might like it, too! Oh, and sorry I never responded to your text; my phone was dead until around nine o'clock last night, and I just had to go to bed :(

Well...as it turns out I really have nothing to post about when I'm not posting about my book. It just occurred to me that I could post about my other book that I am working on, but I'll only do that if you all say you're cool with me having another thing to talk endlessly about.

Speaking of things that I talk endlessly about, I think I'll get to planning out my characters' lives in Death List again. I get to start on Leala now, which I'm pleased about; she's like my only female main character. I know that's weird, but I just feel more comfortable writing from a male perspective most of the time. There's a reason for that, but that's a conversation for another time because you will all call me a madwoman :) Anyway, I may or may not post again later. Hopefully there will be some activity besides me, since I'm sure your lives are all much more interesting than mine.

-Iridian

No comments:

Post a Comment