Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Rachel: Happy Fourth of July, American SAAWAKM-ers

It is the fourth of July, obviously, and I did some serious thinking about the holiday, and you know what I realized? The Fourth is my favourite holiday. Not because I like fireworks or eating myself to death, but because it is the only holiday in which we actually celebrate a concrete, legitimate thing. So for this I will actually wish you all a happy Fourth, which in previous years I might have just ignored altogether.

Today the mini-orchestra (I ranted about the horrors of that in that post that didn't show up) and the adult orchestra that I am a part of gave our wondrous performance. Just to refresh you all, I played the violin and the trombone in this thing, running back and forth like a crazy person between the two. But it went well, I think. The audience was super into it, which was nice. It was a good turnout for an outdoor concert, so...twas fun. Afterwards my dad took me to our friends' house and we had a nice little barbecue before I had to go and take care of those good old farm critters. I am not watching fireworks tonight; I am far too exhausted and would MUCH rather go to sleep than stare at the sky and wish I was sleeping. Even though this is my favourite holiday......hm......apparently I suck. Oh, well. Speaking of bed, I had better get going. I'm very tired, and my mother is nagging me to go to bed. She is also very tired, but right now she is blaming me for keeping her from seeing fireworks even though she already told me earlier this evening that she hadn't been planning on going...grr. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that I posted something today. I'll make sure I put something more "productive" up here tomorrow at some point.

-Iridian

No comments:

Post a Comment