Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cori: Cause and Effect

Lately, I've been working on a new way to develope my characters past the point that most authors develope them--besides J.K. Rowling, of course, whose characters could simply walk off the page if they so wished.
I've been wondering why is it that my character, Altrius, acts like he does, and what parts of his life made him that way. So, wanting to know more, I made a Cause and Effect template.

Cause: The thing that happens.
Effect: How the characters around him react to it.
How This Affects Him: How this affects the way Altrius acts, looks, thinks and even dresses.

Pretty cool, eh? I've done the first ten years of his life, and I'll be ending it when he becomes twenty and immortal. My "adopted" little sister, Grayce, hates Altrius because, since I've been working on him for four years now, he's extremely realistic. I think she's jealous xD!
You guys should use the template! It works great.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... maybe heather and I will use this. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely try it, especially since I've seen how it works with Altrius!

    ~~Jamie

    ReplyDelete