Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nicole: I know, I always seem to die

Sorry I've been so inactive... again. There's just been a whole bunch of changes in my life and I've hardly had time to go on the internet or check here, so I apologise once again! And welcome Jamie(: sorry I missed when you first came.

I'm just posting now to let you guys know that I've developed on one of the ideas I've been sitting on for the past couple of weeks! Here's a small little blurb that I wrote:
There is always goings on in the woods at Eek Creek at night. The lovers meet and canoodle in the dark, while merely a few metres away beasts and creatures prowl. Smugglers go about their business hidden in the depth of the forest, and spies move stealthy through the thickness.

Sixteen-year-old Maggie Peters has no idea of these things that go bump in the night when she’s forced to visit her Aunt Simper for the winter break. She does realise the strangeness of the small town as soon as she enters it, and it makes the whole thing seem even more of a drag.

Things seem to pick up though when she meets her Aunt’s welcoming next-door neighbour Cawley Creswell. He’s lovable and handsome, though she doesn’t realise that Cawley has a big part in the goings on in the woods at Eek Creek at night.


I'm hoping to make it a bit quirky, but I'm just scared that it's going to go off in a weird hillbilly-small town kind of area, but I think that's just because I've been watching way too much True Blood :P. Anyways, that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome!! Can't wait to read it!

    -Nat

    ReplyDelete