Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ned. Change sounds refreshing.

Like Kas and Nat said, SAAWAKM is an amazing place.
It's litterally one of the best parts of my life and even when my life isn't going the way I want it to, I know I can always count on you girls. I love you all, and as Nat said, cannot wait to meet you. (I agree Nat, this will happen. We should all meet up somewhere random though... like Paris. That way we ALL have to travel, not just those of us who live in Australia.)

Kay anyway, Cori, as of your friend, YES. Which I believe brings our vote number to five meaning she's in. Because you know her, I doubt we need that much research, lol. I trust your judgement. As for other newbies, I'm all for. My only worry is that we'll go out of control again. I say we all have to be VERY specific when looking. We should make up a list of things we all have in common and then use that as like... a check list? I'm not sure if I'm making any sense right now. Hopefully, I am. Also, I say we give Cori's friend some time to get used to the blog before we add someone else. Let's get to know her first. (Like... her name. lol) Give it a week or two at least before adding someone new. I also think we should all read something before we ask. Other than those things, I think its a great idea to have some new faces.

On a little bit of a sadder note, I couldn't believe it when we lost an original. Sarah had been here from pretty much the start, but she made her choice, and I think its time we stop avoiding the subject. At first I thought she'd be back, (call it denial) but I'm losing hope in that. She will be missed, and I, like Kas am deathly afraid of losing any of you. To me, you are all official Originals. I mean, you might as well be, if we're adding newbies I suggest we promote the old newbies. lol.

Next, I would like to start up again with 500 words a day. Obviously, we are all really busy so if you miss a day, you miss a day. I just thought it was a good way to show we were a writing blog. I think we should make a page, and update it every time we write. Not as a competition or anything, just as a way to motivate us.

... So what was next on my list...

Oh! Yeah, I think its time to change up the look of the blog a little. I'm thinking lighter. Now because I don't like the look right now, but just as a new beginnings kind of thing. Also, I've been on OSAAWAKMS a lot in the last week because of Tracks, and it has such a nice feel to it. So I'm gonna work on a few new banners, post them and see what you guys think. When we have a new banner, we can use the colours/colors from that to recreate the blog. Of course... if you guys want to that is... I just think it would be a good idea. Tell me what you think, I'll make the banners anyway, but if you guys vote not to change, we don't have to... :)

Change seems like such a nice idea to me though. Fresh starts and all, I haven't been having the best summer. Or year for that matter, but I'm sure I can pull myself out of this rut.

Cori, thank you, so much for the review! Like I said, I'm in the middle of the rewrite, so, it was greatly appreciated. <3

Alright, I think thats all I have to say for now... <3 Love you all.
-Ned.

4 comments:

  1. Her name is Jamie. JSYK. Hahaha. and, I'm all for the new banners and such. Also, I really liek the idea of doing 500 words a day again, as that was what we began with, so it really take us back to the beginning.
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think that it's time for a SAAWAKM revamp, but also a return to our roots with the 500 words a day. New banners and a new look to the blog is a fantastic idea, I'm all for it. :)

    ~Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! I think something a bit lighter would be nice this time...Maybe a tan, white, or pale blue/green or something like that? Keep the fish thing, by the way, I love it xD!
    A new banner sounds nice, too. I made one that we can use, if you guys want =D!!
    The 500 word thing sounds great, I'm all for it.

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete