Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nat: In Response to Kas' Post...

Kas, I agree with everything that was said in your post, and I just want to add a few things.

SAAWAKM has seriously been one of the most amazing things that's happened to me in the last few years. I count myself as so lucky that I have this amazing community to support me in my writing and anything else going on in my life. Think about it - through SAAWAKM, we now have friends from Australia and all over the United States and Canada. That's something pretty special that not everyone gets the opportunity to do. I love and admire every single one of you for the people you are, and I can't wait for the day of the first SAAWKM real life meet up. (Because I am determined that it will happen.)

I don't want anything to change what SAAWAKM means to us all, which means that we really need to put a little more effort into this, like Kas was saying.

I think that means that, rather than clicking Awesome on the bottom of the post which takes two seconds, we should actually take a few minutes to write a comment and add something meaningful to the discussion. I believe that every post should have at least 3 or 4 comments, or you could even make a post in response to someone else's post if you have a lot to say.

As for adding new members: I vote yes to Cori's friend, but I think from now on we should be careful with who we ask to join. I think part of the problem last time was that we went on this crazy spree of asking anyone we could find, without doing a ton of research into who they are/their writing. Just a suggestion, but I think maybe asking them a few questions before inviting them or having everyone read a writing sample before voting yes or no could solve the problem of all the drama we had last time. As well, I don't think we should add more than 2 or 3 members.

I hope all of this makes sense...

-Nat

4 comments:

  1. I agree completely with the needing to really look into the people we add, as it is an important decision, since we'll be spending a lot of time with them. and yeah, no more than 3.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with everything you said. Posting a post lol, so sorry this comment sucks. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known Jamie for about a year and a month now, and I think she would be a good addition and she wouldn't quit immediately. She has an extremely busy schedule though, kinda like me, so her posts may be a bit late sometimes, but she'd post often. ^^
    -Cori

    ReplyDelete