Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nat: Random Facts (and also a story)

THE STORY
I was at work today (I work at a kids play place), and a little boy came up to me and whispered, "I spilled my drink on the floor." I told him I would come clean it up and he motioned for me to kneel down, then whispered, "You aren't going to call the police, are you?"
No, kid. I'm not going to call the police because you spilled your drink. :)

THE FACTS
~Canadians consume more Kraft Dinner per capita than any other nationality on earth.
~1/3 snake bite victims is drunk.
~There are twelve fictional characters that have stars on Hollywood's 'Walk of Fame': Woody Woodpecker, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, the Simpsons, the Rugrats, Mickey Mouse, Kermit the Frog, Godzilla, the Flintstones, Donald Duck, Bugs Bunny, and Big Bird.
~
Sign language users sometimes sign in their sleep.
~The world's longest movie is called The Cure for Insomnia, and is 85 hours long.
~Snails kiss by rubbing their antennae together. Awwww..
~If a man with normal vision and a color-blind woman have children, the daughters will have normal vision and the sons will be color-blind.
~The most flowers sold in one day in U.S. history was the day after Elvis Presley died in 1977.
~The film Psycho was the first movie to show a toilet flushing – the scene caused an inpouring of complaints about indecency

Sidenote: There has been a very annoying fly buzzing around my head the whole time I've been writing this post. Grrr!

1 comment:

  1. Only 1% of all women are color blind. High school Biology FTW!

    -K

    ReplyDelete