Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sage: A New One


I HAVE WRITTEN SOMETHING.
This is a day to reach the heavens. Okay, tell me what you think.

The Fall of Nexie Malone

“Where are you going?” His voice was barely audible. He didn’t look at me.

“Out,” I replied as I located the sandals I had been looking for.

“Dressed like that?” he scoffed. I reeled. What was wrong with my dress?

“Yes. Is there a problem?”

“You look like a whore,” he said. He hadn’t moved from his spot on the couch and I stormed over to him, my strappy heels click-clacking on the wood flooring.

“You look like a coward,” I shot back at him. He sank a little lower into the couch. “I’ll be back late. Don’t wait up.”

“I’m sorry,” he said. He turned the TV off and turned to look at me. His gray eyes were full of shame and sadness. It touched my heart.

“Go blow up someone else’s skirt, Farmer. You don’t get to suddenly come back into my life and expect it all to be okay. Like I said, don’t wait up,” I huffed as I made my way into the front hall and out the door. I saw him bow his head and pull the blanket up tighter around his chin. Me? I walked off into the hot summer night air, ready for action, but not looking forward to it.

What'dya think??

1 comment: