Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sarah: Tehehehehee!

Will walked toward the man slowly, until he was standing in front of my car directly across from him. His hands were clenched at his sides in plain fury. The tension was so thick in the air that you could cut it with a knife.

“What the hell are you doing here, Isaiah?” He ground out, not looking back at me.

I reached around to unclick my seatbelt. If things got out of hand, I would have to step in to make them stop. For some reason, I thought they were both capable of killing each other right here on this never traveled road to Still Creek.

Isaiah smiled. “Me? What are you doing out here William?” He laughed a totally creepy laugh that made a chill run up my spine. “I can see you’ve had your hands full, though.”

“Shut up,” Will said, his fists getting tighter.

Isaiah laughed again and stared at me through the windshield. I wanted to shrink away from his yellow eyed gaze as he looked me up and down.

“She is pretty, I’ll give you that much Will,” he licked his lips. “I may have to take her for myself.”

“I’m warning you, Isaiah,” Will ground out. “Shut your dirty mouth.”

Isaiah smirked at him and then at me. He gave me a little wave and winked. “Hi, honey. What do you say? Would you like to come with me?”

I glared at him with what little power that had and he laughed. Truly laughed at me. My hands tightened on the door handle like it was the only thing there. The dread in my stomach tightened as Will took a step forward.

“Stop it,” He ordered, and something in his voice made me shiver, despite the warmth of the car.

“Why don’t you come over here and make me?” Isaiah asked, checking his nails for dirt I knew didn’t exist. “Or is that something else on the long list of things you can’t do?”

They were practically circling each other like fighting dogs. I knew that if I didn’t step in now, something terrible would happen. With hurried skill, I flung open the door and rushed until I was standing in between them.

They were close enough that all I had to do was extend my arms and then I had one hand pressed against each other their chests. Will’s felt familiar and sweltering hot, while Isaiah’s was warm in an uncomfortable way. I didn’t like that I was anywhere near him.

“Okay guys,” I said gently. “Let’s just all calm down.” I looked up at Will, who was glaring at the other man with a fury I didn’t know he possessed. “Let’s just go, Will.” I begged.

“Yes, Will,” Isaiah said in a high tone, mocking me. “Let’s just go.”

When I turned to look fiercely at him, his eyes were no longer yellow. Instead, they were clouded over with black. Something about his face had changed. He looked…monstrous.

Suddenly, Isaiah grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him, until I was pressed against his chest. I yelped at the sudden contact. He ran his nose along my wrist, inhaling where I sprayed my perfume, in a really creaptastic way.

It reminded me of something crazy guys did in poorly funded horror movies. Honestly, I probably would have laughed if I wasn’t so scared I was about to pee myself.

“Mmm…” he murmured. “I can tell why you like this one, Will. She’s pretty and she smells tasty. Tell me,” he stared at Will. “Does she know where you come from?”

“She knows nothing, Isaiah.” Will said, looking at me frantically. His eyes were wide now, afraid that I might be learn his little secret.

Frustrated, I kicked Isaiah sharply in the shin, but he acted as if I’d done nothing. I struggled against him more, but he only smirked, his eyes going back to that strange yellow color.

“Tell me then,” he sneered. “What else have you lied to her about?”

Isaiah pulled me closer to him. The heat from his skin was starting to make me sweat, but all I could think about was how close his face was to mine. Just when I knew what he was going to do, he pressed his lips to mine.

The kiss was like nothing I’d ever felt before. Hot and intense, cool and slow, all at the same time. Isaiah’s arms wrapped around me as my knees gave way to the passion he was admitting.

I knew, subconsciously, that Will was there and he was watching me and Isaiah’s…erm…little exchange. Yet I couldn’t stop. Every nerve in my body was aching for him to hold me closer, pull me tighter against him.

Finally, when we both pulled back, I was able to get air. He looked down at me; his eyes still a cold black, his lips bright pink. I knew my blush was putting apples, beats, and Miss Scarlet in the ballroom with a rope to shame.

With a hard force, Isaiah pushed me away and into Will, whose hands wrapped around the top of my arms protectively. I fell against his chest and watched as Isaiah laughed again, seeing the way I trusted Will.

"Remember, the meeting is tonight." He told him casually, as if they were discussing the weather. he then glanced at me. "I might just have to come back for you," he commented, reaching out to touch my face gently. I swatted his hand away furiously, earning myself a shrug. "I like a little fight, sweetheart. Why play a game without a challenge?"

He smiled his sinister smile then, making the pink in my cheeks creep all the way up my face and down my neck. And the Isaiah turned and ran from the road, and he didn't stop until he was far out of view.

2 comments: