Monday, December 27, 2010

Sarah: Honestly, my obessesion is becoming a little disturbing.


I love Merlin. I've ordered books about Arthurian legends and spent hours on the internet searching for facts.

The idea I've been working on has something to do with the whole King Arthur thing.

Lynette Brennus seems to have it all: the seventeen year old is beautiful, wealthy and popular. And with her uncle’s connections to several Ivy League schools, the future looks bright for her. Little does she know that her future might actually be brighter behind her.

At the start of her senior year, Lynette begins having vivid dreams about Camelot. Prone to keeping her head in the clouds, she welcomes her nightly adventures; filled with danger and romance, they give her much to muse about the next day. But it is not long before she questions whether her visions are simply dreams or something more. Each night they pick up exactly where the last one ended. And the senses—the smell of forests and swords, the screams of knights in agony, and that kiss from Prince Arthur—are all far more real than any dream she can remember.

As Lynette begins to research Camelot, she discovers that her dreams recount actual historical events that she knew nothing about. She knows how this story ends: with the death of Arthur at the hand of Mordred. The question is, can she stop the chaos? And if so, will it be soon enough?


It's all I can think about. I even DREAM about King Arthur and Camelot. Which is the basis of Once and Futures.

Honestly though, it's a little pathetic. The other day I was telling my friends about the Lady of Shallot (who fell in love with Lancelot and then killed herself because he chose Guenevere) and they all looked at me like I was crazy.

All well. I least I know others (Nicole and Heather, at least) are as crazy about Merlin as I am. :)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE.

    It's passed midnight here, but you kow what you just inspired me to do?

    Hmmm, do you?

    I'm going to go watch Merlin now.

    If I don't get sleep tonight...

    You'll be to blame.

    :)

    By the way, I BETTE GET TO READTHIS, WOMAN!

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with Heather. This sounds AMAZING, and I can't wait to read it!

    And, I'm going to copy Heather and watch the rest of Season Two after I make a post(:.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm watching Merlin too, and it's after midnight. I'm just glad people understand my obsessions.

    Thank God for internet friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody in my life understands... except for you guys :')

    ReplyDelete