Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sarah: Whoa. I almost typed SAAWAKM instead of my name.

Oh, obsessive first drafting. How I've missed you! The hysterical actions! The mind numbing exhaustion! The crippling pinky pain from over pressing the shift key! But I've yet to bruise my thumbs with excessive space-key pushing, so I'm still not quite in top form (yes, this actually happened to me once and I could barely pick anything up for the next few days).

FULL SPEED AHEAD. (Until I decide what I've written is so crappy that I simply must edit some of it and then there will be a screeching halt and massive shifting of gears.)

(Clearly I am very rational and smart about what I work on and when I work on it.)

(Obviously writers are writers because WE ARE EXCESSIVELY RATIONAL.)

Sleep depravity does not look good on me. There are bags under my eyes, new pimples (ew!) forming on my forehead and coffee on my breath.

I told you all about my idea and that it's based on real things happening to me? Well, I do keep having dreams about Camelot. And they aren't getting better or lessening (however, they aren't nearly as interesting as Lynette's. There's not romance between me and any princes (or knight or whatever else he is). I'm in them, but it's almost like I'm an observer).

But that's what's fueling my ideas. Every dream I have has something to do with Once and Futures. I'm trying to write it so fast that when I go back to skim it there are tons of mistakes. (Not that it really matters, since that's what editing is for). It's just...I'm afraid I won't be able to get my ideas down fast enough. I'm being consumed with Arthurian junk.

And I'm becoming a bit of a hermit. I spend most of my time on the computer, typing as fast as possible. It's a bit pathetic.

But when I'm not writing, I'm obsessed with the story. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Whatever, just look at this.



Isn't it great?

Anyway, I'm off to write some more and enjoy it. I really, really hope it lasts until I'm done with this silly thing.

Not that it's silly! I actually am in love with this story!

Oh, whatever.

Edit: Oh, dear. I'm afraid this post sounds a little...crazy. And hysterical. And...why do I sound insane? All well, I'm enjoying first drafting again. It's simply lovely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment