Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sarah: I realzied as I was typing this that it is totally based off of the first time I asked someone out.

Except his name was Jake and it was to the Valentine's Day Dance.

“Lynette Brennus!” Jack smiled when he saw me and ran over toward where I was standing. “Hi! I’ve seen the plans for the dance. They look awesome.”

I smiled, fighting the urge to scratch a spot on my arm that had to have hives growing on it. “Thanks. Um…do you want to go out with me?”

The entire room seemed to grow louder, as if the basketball team were all dribbling at the same time just to annoy me. I noticed a couple of Jack’s teammates were craning their necks to hear what I was saying.

“Not, go out with me but go out…with me? Tonight? Um…a party tonight. At an office. My parents will be there. Well, not that I want you to meet my parents or anything.” Oh God, he was going to think I was a total freak. “It’s his office. It’s tonight. Did I say that. Anyway…I have to bring a date. Well, not a date but a person.”

I breathed deeply, feeling my face grow hotter and hotter by the second. “You’re a person. Do you like parties?”

He flashed a smile so breathtaking I thought I might faint. Well, seeing him in his basketball uniform wasn’t doing much for me in the no-swooning department either.

“Absolutely. “ he nodded. “I’d love to go.”

“Great!” I said a little too loudly. “Seven o’clock. And…uh…wear something nice.” Oh God. Oh God. “Not that what you have on isn’t nice or anything…”

“I’ll put on something dressy.” He assured me, smiling again.

“Okay.” I handed him a slip of paper with my number and address on it. “Uh…good luck with…uh…practice and stuff.”

Let me just tell you...it was MORTIFYING.


4 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAAHAHAH!

    :)

    I love these awkward moments, even though LYNNETTE IS CHEATING ON ARTHUR D:<

    ... even if she doesn't know it.

    And, yeah, I know that feeling... :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette still thinks it's all a dream.

    And you just wait until she goes back to Camelot.

    The plot thickens! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she should just stay in Camelot, damnit.
    >:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I'm going to say is I just love torturing my protagonists. Because I'm evil.

    ReplyDelete