Friday, April 22, 2011

Sarah: My family. Whut.

First off, I know have an pen name. It's not tricky or anything, just Sarahlynne Goebel. A combonation of my first and middle name.

Also, I'm working on Staked and LOVING IT. More about that later. But now you get to lear about my family.

I just found out some interesting things about my heritage. I mean, I knew we were dukes of Germany at one point, but I had no idea how we got there.

Okay, so, apparently there was this guy (my great x 1000 grandpa) who was a commoner and loyal servant to the king. He worked in the palace doing something no one cared about, until one day the king complained about his cup. His Kingness did not enjoy the way he drank from his goblet and wanted something that could hold a lot more beer.

So my great x 1000 grandpa promised he would some up with a solution. He worked for a long time, learning how to carve wood and blacksmith and such. Finally, he came up with a design for a cup he thought the king would like.








So he presented his design to His Kingness and the king liked it so much he made him a duke, which is the station right below the king and pricnes. And he also gave him a surname, Goebel, which means 'drinking tankard'.


Also, like hundreds of years ago, my great x 100 grandmother was promised the the prince. They were married and had several children.


We remained royalty until the people wanted democracy and they kicked us out. So, if not for stupid equality and freedom and all that crap, I'd be a freaking princess.




I'm also related to the people who created the Goebel figurenes. Chances are you've seen some. But if not...





There's an example. So my only question is--


WHERE THE HELL IS MY MONEY FROM THE STATUES AND THE ROYALTY?


That is all. :)

1 comment: