Saturday, January 1, 2011

Heather: Copy Cat Heather.

I'm going to copy you now Sarah! :)
In 2010 I...
  • Went to Norway.
  • Joined SAAWAKM.
  • Went to the biggest concert I've ever been too, met a couple bands, and saw one of my favourite bands in concert.
  • Wrote more than I have ever written.
  • Completed NaNoWriMo.
  • Got my first non-babysitting job.
  • Got a hard-labour job, and saw it through.
  • Got a Kobo. 
  • Worked my butt off.
  • Cried myself to sleep.
  • Was brutally honest.
  • Learned to accept myself.
  • Became a vegetarian.
  • Dealt with tragedy in more ways then one.  
  • Learned what it means to hate, and what it means to forgive.
  • Got my beginners licence.
  • Had a great year.

  A lot of things happened to my friends and family this year, and it helped me to learn that when people say they are alright, they aren't, not always. This year, I didn't lose any friends in the most literal sense of the word. None of them did anything to really hurt me, nor, I hope, I they, and we had no major fights. But in a metaphorical sense of the word, I did lose a friend, and I did lose family.
And I learned that while sometimes you have to deal with what your given, you can change things. It just takes a heck of a lot of effort.
And I learned that not everyone is going to believe that.

My new years resolutions are these:
  • To help whomever I can, whenever I can.
  • To chase my dreams, no matter what they are.
  • To save a close friend of mine from herself, before it gets too late.
  • To live, and let live.
  • And lastly, to finish the writing the book that's been haunting my dreams.
   Every year has it's good and bad, but it's what you make of it that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Heather, this post was AMAZING!
    So inspirational, and I'm sorry about everything bad that happened this year. But just know that you aren't alone in crying yourself to sleep, mourning losses, and struggling to accept yourself. We're always here for you. <3

    Let's make 2011 awesome!

    ~Nat

    ReplyDelete