Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ned- Kelley Armstrong

Hey guys!
I have an amazing story to tell you! Though, you might not get it.
Okay, here it goes.
My favourite author of all time, Kelley Armstrong, came to Toronto yesterday, my mom knows how much I love her and took me to see her. She was shooting a episode of eTalk, a t.v show, and when she was on stage she was looking at me.
She smiles and mouths I love your shirt.
I pointed at me and she nodded.
My shirt was a shirt that had to do with my favourite trilogy, written by her.
After the show, we went to get our books signed and she pulls out her briefcase looks at me and says, I'm guessing you heard about my new book The Reckoning?
I nodded and she pulls out the first printed copy and asked what my name is.
Me: E....E....E....
My Mom: Emily!
Me: Right! That!
Kelley: and how do you spell that? E.M...
Me: (Said as fast as you can imagine) ILY!
Kelley: Now, Alright Emily, Because I love you shirt this is for you.
She hands ME the book!
My can't breath almost fainting, hyperventilating,
My BFF: OMG You have no idea what this means to her
My other BFF: This is the greatest moment of her life.
Me (In tears!) Oh. My. God. (Whispered)
BFF#1: That's thankyou in Emily speak.
BFF#2: Emily! Take the BOOK!
Kelley: (Laughing) One thing you have to promise me? No spoilers. I can't stand spoilers. Please
Me: (Still unable to talk.) Nods excitely.
Kelley: Cool, here.
Mom: Pictures.

So yeah, I was the only one to be given it and let me tell you, the looks on the fan behind me, priceless! The book doesn't come out until April and if you have read the first two- I'm sorry, I promised, no spoilers.
If you haven't read them, guys I highly suggest you do. They are awesome!

So all in all, My life was made amazing yesterday.

-Ned

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love the Darkest Powers trilogy!!!! That had to be amazing! You should post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, i've never read the books, but that sounds AMAZING!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH! I'm so Happy I'll post pics Soon!

    ReplyDelete