Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sarah: Because I love chocolate...

Okay, this is for when you get writer's block. It may sound weird, but when pages mock me with their blankness, I bake. I've been doing a lot of this lately. My family is going to get fat! :<

Aw well, they can deal. I was flipping through cookbooks, brownie batter in my hair, cookie dough under my nails (I'm a messy cook) when I stumbled upon THIS! GAH! They were so...delicious. I ate three all by myself (this coming from someone who doesn't really eat that much)!

So next time you're feeling down...make these and be happy for hours. I made them at four, and I'm STILL smiling.

Recipe:


Directions:

FUDGY PEANUT BUTTER CHIP MUFFINS

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup applesauce
* 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon(optional)
* 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
* Powdered sugar(optional)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.

2. Stir together applesauce and oats in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add applesauce mixture; blend well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.

3. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle muffin tops with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm. 12 to 15 muffins.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Yummy! Haha. I'm so going to make these this weekend. Hahaha, (:

    -Maiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD! But I might substitute the peanut butter chops for regular chocolate. I need to print this recipe. Thanks so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete