Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sarah: CHYEAH!

Because I'm bored and these are fabulous:
First off, I want to say that the first one is not mine. I'm not sure who's it is, but it's absolutely fabulous.

TOP TEN REASONS TO READ JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT
10. Books don't get caught in braces.
9. Unlike gym, you don't have to shower afterwards.
8. Reading won't cause pimples. (YAY!)
7. It'll help you forget what they serve in the cafeteria.
6. Books don't "crash".
5. Graphic novels look good with whatever you're wearing.
4. It's cheaper than the newest video game (and sometimes free! check out a library!)
3. You can drown our your parents cheesy music with an audio book.
2. You'll learn words even your teachers don't know.
1. It'll confuse your parents.

This is one written by me and my friends:

THE 12 1/2 RULES OF WRITING
1. Writing has no rules. Anyone who tells you so is a failed writer.
2. If you write everyday, you'll get better at writing.
3. If it's boring to you, it's boring to the reader.
4. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. In fact, rarely rhyme your poetry.
5. Don't do stereotypes. In real life and in writing.
6. Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read ALL THE TIME.
7. Make lists of everything. Your favorite places, words, names...etc.
8. Sometimes there isn't a moral to the story. It's okay.
9. Carry a notebook with you constantly. And a pen. Write down whatever inspires you.
10. If you've never done something, do it and then write about it.
11. Learn to tell both sides of the story.
12. Writing still has no rules.
12 1/2. Why are you still reading this list? I already told you writing has no rules. You feel silly now don't you? ;p

This last one is a random list of things that i love/frustrate me about writing. My comments on quotes.
1. "Writing is hell".
2. "Writing is hell". No really. No, REALLY.
3. "A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people". Face it. You struggle more than bad writers.
4."Writing is socially acceptable form of schizophrenia". I know this from experience.
5. "Writing is learning to say nothing more cleverly every day". Ever had to describe an apple in full detail to someone who's never seen one before? I have. It's hard.
6. "Each writer is born with a repertory company in his head and as you get older, you become more skillful casting them". So, so very true.
7. "There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are". See? Writing has no rules!
8. "Many suffer from the incurable disease of writing and it becomes chronic in their sick minds". Yes, I know the feeling.
9. "I always did my best in writing to Santa Claus, but I never thought of writing as something you did for a profession". I've wanted to be a writer since I was little enough to write to Santa Claus.
10. "Writing Saved me from the sin and inconvenience of violence". FINALLY someone who understands. tehe. I kid, I kid.
11. "Writing is still hell". Very much so.
12. "Writing is the only thing, that when I do it, I don’t feel like I should be doing something else". Okay, this one is very true for me. You know in The Notebook how Ally says "Most of the time I have all these thoughts bouncin' around in my head... but with a brush in my hand, the world just gets kinda quiet". Well, that's how it is when I write. Peaceful. The world goes quiet for a little while.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!

    Everything that you just wrote is so true! And amazing! That is my new inspiration page. And actually, it brought back my inspiration, which has been missing for approximately a week. Thank you! =) Haha.

    ReplyDelete