Sunday, March 7, 2010

Nat: Poetry and Song-Writing


Hello!


So it's kind of weird (but so am I, no surprise there), but I haven't been able to write my story lately. I'm in the middle of Chapter 5, and I know where it's going, but I just don't know how to get there. It's quite frustrating, because I was going so well for the past few weeks, and now my inspiration is gone. Grr. But that isn't what's weird.


The weird thing is that I have been able to write poems. And some of them aren't half-bad either. Which is strange for me, because I've always been a horrible poet. I'm actually really happy with the few poems I've written (although most of them are really sad).


I'm thinking about attempting to write a song. Which is another thing that I'm terrible at. (Trust me, I've tried many MANY times). But I have an idea for a song, and I think I might pursue that idea for a while, take a few days off from my novel. What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea, okay idea?


Question: What kind of music do you guys like to listen to? I'm looking for some new stuff to listen to, wondering if you have any suggestions? If you have a favourite song or favourite artist, let me know, please!


Another question: Do you guys ever get tired of waiting for love? I'm sorry, this is a random question, but it's been on my mind for a long time. It probably sounds dumb, but I'm so sick of seeing everyone else finding their perfect boyfriend or whatever, and it's driving me crazy! Sorry for that random rant. =)


Okay, I think that's all...Yeah, I'll let you know if I think of anything else. Thanks for listening (or reading).
~Nat

1 comment:

  1. Bands/Artists:
    Thriving Ivory, The Spill Canvas, Blue Eyes, Flyleaf, Three Days Grace, Regina Spektor, Brand New, Superchick (Hehe funny name..I know), Rise Against, April Sixth, Senses Fail, Incubus, Stephen Jerzak...

    (That list could go on FOREVER! Haha)

    Yes I get very tired. It's annoying. Haha.

    -Maiah

    ReplyDelete