Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nat: A Dream...

Hey again. So, um, I accidentally clicked on something that I didn't mean to, which is why you guys got the emails about the login information or whatever. So sorry about that...haha.

I needed to write a post, because there's this character that's been in my mind for a few days now, and I can't quite figure her out. She actually came to me in a dream a few nights ago. I have a really clear image of her, and I know that she has a story to tell me, but I just don't know what it is yet. (Sorry if that sounds crazy.) Last night in bed I wrote about her, and this is what I ended up with. I wanted to share with you guys, because I'm really curious about her and where she'll end up. =)

She stands on a cliff, overlooking the sea.
It is twilight, and it's growing dark. The wind is blowing in ferocious gusts, and it whips her wild black hair around her face. Frightened blue eyes, the colour and depth of the ocean far below, peer out from beneath a hood. There is a look of innocence and mystery about her. She is young, 16 or 17 years of age, too young to be out alone at this time of night. It raises unanswerable question: why is she here? What is she doing?
Who is she?
The sharp angles of her cheekbones speak of a life of hardship. Her ivory-white skin tells of long days kept locked away from the sun. Her eyes, tortured and terrified, hint at a haunted past. For it is her eyes that speak the truth, whisper the words that cannot be spoken aloud. She has a story to tell, and it is one that cannot stay silent for much longer.
The wind blows harder and she turns, startled by a sound. The cliff edge draws dangerously near to her bare feet as she stumbles backwards, terrified of an invisible something. Pebbles and loose dirt go plunging over the cliff side as her heels slide and she struggles to gain her balance.
But it is too late.
Her hair is blown wildly in the wind, and the last glimpse of her is her startling blue eyes, gazing up at a deepening sky that offers no hand to catch her.
That's it. =) Please comment on it if you wouldn't mind. Thanks so much!
~Nat

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this. haha. you know what i love about dreams? they give you ideas!! Hahaha.

    -Maiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this. haha. you know what i love about dreams? they give you ideas!! Hahaha.

    -Maiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops. it published twice. haha my bad..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love it. Maiah, your so right. Too bad it seems like i can never dream about my story, i always dram about your. Grrr.. Haha. But Nat, seriously, this is amazing. Do i feel a new story coming on?? Haha

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks guys. =) I was trying to decide if I could fit her into my current story somehow, but I don't think it's going to fit. I think she needs her own story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I can't either, Kas! It's like i have cant-dream-about-your-own-novel syndrom! Haha

    if only that were real...
    *sigh

    -Maiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. naw, its probably just because we think about it too much during the day, our minds need a break.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh. That's REALLY good. I'm amazed at the good-ness. :P

    So I was wondering something. When an idea sparks in my dreams, I can usually see or hear the name in my dream. If not, when I wake up, it just comes naturally. What about you? Do you ever get that kind of stuff? :)

    ReplyDelete