Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nat: Approximately Challenge Four

Hi SAAWAKM-ers! I'm posting these tonight because I'm going to Victoria on Thursday. Yay, I'm so excited! But anyway - let's cut to the chase: Challenge Four.


#1) This one is a poem written by a girl named Katelyn about the boy that she loves. I guess the poem is kind of about both characters, but mostly about the boy. (It's 417 words.)



Julian Mathias Clark

He is the blonde hair and blue eyes that I love.
He is the smell that reminds me of summer.
He is the model of indecision, optimism and energy.
He is my inspiration, my strength, my everything.
He is better known as just Jude.
Jude, who wears Converse -
Jude, who plays football and guitar -
Jude, who is energetic and irresponsible.
The best friend that I never had -
The big brother that I wish I did -
The one that I’d spend my life with -
If he’d spend his with me.
I know more about him than anyone else in the world.
His sisters are his world,
His parents are his strength.
He has a heart of gold and a pure soul
But he’s on the wrong path.
His biggest weakness is his yearning for power -
He’s addicted and can’t resist the feeling it brings.
He doesn’t know what to do with his life.
He is easily angered.
He has to be the best at everything.
And has the messiest handwriting I’ve ever seen.
I can get lost in his eyes -
Their blue is as deep and wild as the ocean.
I can’t stand near him without longing to hold his hand,
Or feel his hair beneath my fingers.
My first love, and my last -
His real name, Julian, means ‘Youthful,’
And he is.
Lively, adventurous, ambitious -
Everything that I’m not.
He pulled me out of my shell,
Forced me to test my limits,
And expand my boundaries.
That’s the kind of person he is,
Always ready to shoot for the stars,
But not yet ready to take me with him.
I know that he doesn’t feel the same way.
He’s too handsome, too cool, too popular -
To fall for a girl like me.
I’ll just have to be content
To gaze at his perfect smile -
To hear his musical laugh -
To listen to his voice -
Always longing for more.
Longing to feel his hand in mine,
His arms around me,
And his lips kissing mine.
I know that he can’t love me back,
But I do know exactly who he is -
He is the blonde hair and blue eyes that I love.
He is the smell that reminds me of summer.
He is the model of indecision, optimism and energy.
He is my inspiration, my strength, my everything.
And to me, he will always be just Jude.

For Jude –
Love Katelyn


#2) This one is a letter to 12-year-old Isaiah from his older sister, Claire.

To my baby brother –

I remember that day – it was raining – when mom and dad brought you home from the hospital.
I hated you.
I was four years old, and more concerned about how many presents you were getting. I didn’t know then how I would grow to know and love you. All I knew was that you got more attention than I did, and I couldn’t stand it. I hated how all you did was sleep, and you were no fun to play with.
Every adult who came over cooed over your adorable blonde hair – when my hair was the exact same colour. They noted how your brilliant blue eyes were exactly like dad’s – but so were mine. I was always the one who was ignored. But soon, I knew that I was falling in love with your eyes, your smile, and your laugh.
Sometimes it seems like there’s more than 4 years between us. Usually it feels like you’re about 6 years older than me. You always were wiser, more mature, and more independent. I was the one who cried on your shoulder after mom and dad divorced. You’re the strong one.
I never will understand how you loved all that outdoorsy, nature stuff that I hate. Camping, hiking, sports, you name it you’re good at it. I’ll also never understand where you got your natural talent for math. The rest of the family can’t stand math – so what happened to you?
You probably don’t know how much I look up to you…but I do. You’re the one who can make me laugh, can cheer me up, and you’re the best listener that I know. Yes, we fight almost all the time, and it probably doesn’t seem like it, but I love you more than anything in the world. And I would do anything for you. Believe me.
You’ll never understand why I had to do what I did – and I’ll probably never get to explain it to you. But please believe me when I say that there was no choice, and it was the hardest one I’ve ever had to make. If there had been any other option, I would have taken it.
Don’t forget that you’re my baby brother, and you always will be. I’d travel to the ends of the earth and back for you – and I would always come find you. No matter what stands in my way, nothing will stop me from getting to you.

Love and Hugs,

Claire

#3)

Just Me Against the World

What do I know about me?
Basically, I’m your all-around average guy.
Tall and too skinny for my age.
Boring brown hair and brown eyes.
I have three siblings that drive me crazy,
Oliver, Gwendolyn, and Rhea.
(I guess our parents have a thing for weird names.)
People seem to like me.
I don’t know why, but I’ve always been popular.
If they knew half the things about me,
They’d be gone before I could blink.
I’m 16 years old, 16 years that have taught me well.
My best qualities are:
My knack for storytelling,
My energy, and my confidence.
And my worst quality?
I don’t have just one.
I’m impatient, impulsive, and a daredevil.
I’m terrified of water –
But don’t tell anyone.
I have a quick temper.
I’ve made choices that I regret.
My biggest regret is what I did to Jude,
The way I treated him and destroyed who he was.
But I don’t regret my relationship with Alicia.
Those were 2 years that I wouldn’t take back for the world.
I don’t know where I’ll be after high school.
Hopefully playing football somewhere, or travelling the world.
I know that I want to get married and have kids, at least 3 or 4.
The things you should know about me:
I’m the class clown, and I love puns.
I’m a dog person, 100%.
Don’t try and make me read a book,
Because I won’t, believe me.
I don’t give a **** about clothes or fashion.
I can solve a Rubik’s Cube in less than 2 minutes.
If you want to piss me off, call me by my full name.
What else is there to tell you about me?
I’m just one kid against the world,
Struggling to:
Break free from stereotypes,
Fight for the cause,
Believe in the power of miracles and a little hard work,
Find that one girl, who’s perfect for me,
Raise my voice,
Carve my own path,
Never lose who I am,
And make my mark on the world.

I’m not giving up just yet,

Finn

So, there they are. Oh yeah, and the last one ended up being 348 words, only 2 under the limit. =p . Thanks for reading!

~Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment