Monday, April 5, 2010

Nicole: Challenge Four

This is challenge four... yea? Okay, so I'm a cheat. :( Sorriez, but I seri
ously can not write poems -- even if my life depended on it. And I rarely understand them, too. So what I've done is just character profiles (two of 300 words, one's around 200) this has helped a lot though, so might do some more and edit my post(: Hopefully it won't be too long.

**I had to take out certain parts in this because it gave too much about my story away. I've come to realise lately how many pathetic people on the internet steal ideas (not you guys, just people.) So, I'd rather be safe than sorry(:**

Audrey:
Audrey is a sixteen-year-old girl who was once the ‘social butterfly’. She had plenty of friends and she snuck out most weekends, but that was before her little brother died. Parker was Audrey’s only living relative, or that’s how she thought of it. The once popular, confident and headstrong teenager is now just a shadow of herself since Parker passed. But, she is still very opinionated, and that’s one thing she’s not afraid to speak up about. Audrey is really distant, and she also has a lot of trust issues. When she meets Saben though, it’s like a fire is relit inside of Audrey and she finally opens up to someone. Since she used to be flirtatious, every now and again she shows that side again when Audrey’s around him. She has blondish-brown hair and her curls are really tangled. Audrey also has light brown eyes and an olive complexion.


Saben:
(I know how I want Saben to look, but I haven't found a photo that's right yet)
Saben’s eyes are a deep green; he also has slightly chubby cheeks and an up-tilt nose. He’s seventeen and also very pale. Audrey can tell instantly that Saben’s a very secretive person, so it’s not surprising that his overgrown, jet-black side fringe covers his right eye, hiding whatever’s behind it. With him being extremely witty and sarcastic, Saben’s full lips are usually curved in a cheeky grin. Family is a touchy subject, and he always tries to avoid speaking about it. Saben has a quick mind and can be very sly or quick on his feet. Audrey loves the surge of adrenaline that she gets when she’s around him or when they do something reckless. Their friendship is slightly unhealthy, but it’s also great because Audrey is finally opening up. But once Audrey finds out who Saben really is, she sees that while he still has his humorous characteristics, he has a whole different side that he’s been hiding. He’s quite malicious and wicked, and Audrey witnesses the darker side to his sarcasm. While Audrey picks up on lots of things, she doesn’t see the raging battle inside of Saben. He’d never admit it, but if the Powell’s hadn’t revealed who he was, he wasn’t so sure he would’ve. Although Audrey has struggles of her own, Saben is far more conflicted between denying what he feels and convincing himself that he’s only manipulating her, and the truth, but he’d truly rather die than admit it.

Nevalia:
Nevalia is introduced in the prologue as an innocent girl, stuck between power and the right thing to do. But, she can’t resist temptation and gives in, which shows how naïve Neva really is. She has mane of fire red hair (lighter than the picture) and her eyes are slightly orange, circled by black. Since Saben convinced Nevalia centuries ago (I still haven’t decided the date), the dark magic has changed her from that immature teenager into a relentless Sorceress. But she still doesn’t realize that Saben manipulated her, not even seeing it once he begins to do the exact same thing with Audrey. Nevalia wants Audrey just as much as Saben, maybe even more, and she’s the one who’ll stop at nothing to get it. Saben has grown to think of Neva as a sister, while she is still determined that they would be perfect together. She has a very short temper and her personality actually reminds Audrey of fire, she’s beautiful, but callous and abrupt. (I think Neva's going to be one of my favourite characters on paper).



And yeah, those are my three character profiles! I might add more later. If you notice that any characteristics contradict each other just let me know, I normally do that a bit.

♥Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I like them. And don't worry, I'm awful at writing poetry, too (you'll get to read my attempts in the next day or so when I post challenge four). I think these characters are really good, but the character who actually intrigued me most (after Neva) was probably Parker. Which is strange, but I felt like an instant connection with Parker. Sorry if that sounds weird, but I'm just telling you what I thought. I'm also having a hard time picturing Saben and his personality...Okay, I'll stop talking now. But well done on your profiles! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also, Neva kind of reminds me of Dark Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer haha.

    ReplyDelete