Saturday, April 17, 2010

Maiah: Challenge Five

I've never been a very confident person.
And to be honest, I don't really know who I am in this world.
Well to start off...I absolutely hate making speeches in front of people.
I hate how I can hear my heart hammering against my chest.
And my hands shaking.
But once it's over, I feel better and proud of myself.
Like I'm on top of the world.
But that's after, I've done it.

Many things make me confident.
Writing -of course.
When I'm playing the piano.
My friends.
Music.
And when I'm in a hyper mood, I can pretty much do anything,
And not even care if people think I'm weird.

I'm most confident when I'm in an enivornment that I'm comfortable in.
Like when I'm with my friends, or people that I trust, and love.
Those are the people I can be myself around, and act like a total dork.
Which is all the time. (:

When I'm confident, I'll run around with my hair looking like a haystack.
And in an old baggy shirt and oversized sweatpants.
I'll randomly perform a karate kick, and start singing a random song.
I'll run up to a stranger and say hi, or wave at them.
And nothing in the world could possibily matter.

I try not to be affected by what people think about me.
Whether it's that I'm ugly, or I'm a bitch or a whore, I try not to let it affect me.
But no matter how much I know that these words aren't true,
And that people can say whatever they want about me, because they don't know me...
It still hits me hard
And then another piece of my confidence is broken down.
But then I remember that I have a ton of people that got my back.
And they love me, and they hate to see me hurt.
And I love them for that.
-Maiah

No comments:

Post a Comment