Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sarah: What Makes Me Cnfident

What Makes Me Confident

I can be a bitch.

Or rather, I can be

Perceived as a bitch.

Sorry for the harshness,

But it’s true.

I tend to speak my

Mind rather harshly,

Mainly because that

Brain/mouth filter

Most people have…

I seem to be lacking.

(If you find it, tell me okay?)

I’m not necessarily mean,

But I say what a lot

Of people keep in their heads.

This is why what makes

Me really confident is

Speaking my mind and debating.

I love to argue my point to

Where a person knows they’ve lost.

I tend to be really,

Really good at it too.

Some people, when they

Get up in front of

Their class, get

Nervous and shaky.

Not me.

I embrace that feeling

Because I know that

I am confident

And that I can

Persuade people to take

My opinion very easily.

So now, as I wait

For the teacher to call

My name and hold my

Persuasive essay in my hands,

I think about confidence

And how I feel at that moment.

I get up and move

Toward the front of the room

As the room goes quiet.

Twenty five sets of eyes

Stare at me as I

Prepare my speech.

“What makes me confident is…”

No comments:

Post a Comment