Monday, April 12, 2010

Nicole: Research is cool, yo.

I'm actually supposed to be doing homework right now, so I'll probably be really quick(:

Okay, so I've decided that I'm going to do major research into types of magic - like the ones people study (Wicca, etc), also religious beliefs (Paganism, even going as far as what Christians and Muslims believe maybe) and stuff like that(: Hopefully I can go to the library and borrow some books because my only other resource that I cbf reading off the internet is Wikipedia and it's normally written in a really formal way that I just can't take in. My Mum's pretty spiritual (another religion I'll look into), so she probably won't think it's too weird that I'm hiring out all of these wacky books. She actually used to have a really in depth one about Wiccans, but when I asked if she still had it, she said she threw it out because it was really freaky, even going as far as saying what they believed in when it came to sex (I think once she mentioned that they thought there bodies were sacred or something, so nothing unholy could enter it... and yeah, I think I'll be straying away from that side to it).

Anyway, so much for a short post ;P. Just wanted to let you guyzzz know, mainly because I'm actually pretty excited about it, I've also always been really curious. So (I'm writing so a lot), I'll look into it and then pick out bits that I find interesting or want to use in my novel and see how I can include them, or even help 'my' world of magic grow because lately I've only been really thinking about the romantic side to it. Now I'm actually kind of scared that what I decided to be a subplot is turning into the actual story, and it's the only thing I've really been thinking about lately. (Oh yeah, and I've also decided that I'd have a little love triangle to spice things up too)

Oh! And also, this may seem a little silly, but I wanted to thank everybody. I never would've been this enthusiastic about writing my book if I hadn't joined and I'd still have hardly anything done. Everyone's been nice and welcoming, and hearing everybody's adventures and getting advice has been so helpful.

Well, that's aaaaall(:

(I think I might be a little hyperactive after re-reading that post :S)

Edit: Okay scratch that, my Mum will never let me hire any books about this kind of thing. I've only been looking on Wikipedia for around ten minutes (I've already found some stuff that I will most definitely be using), but it is really quite strange and I'm sure she'd think I was going crazy. Thank gosh for the internet.

♥Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment