Friday, April 2, 2010

Nicole: I Need a Few Opinions(:

Okaay, well, I'm a little stuck and not too sure what to do, so I need some of your opinions. So, Ripped right now is all in third person mainly because I wrote the prologue first and since it doesn't feature the protagonist, Audrey, and happens years before my book is set. I decided that since I wrote the prologue in third person, I might as well write the whole book in it.

Well, for the few years I've been writing seriously, I've only ever written in first person, so I soon discovered that I was, well, kinda sucky at third person and really had to work on it to get it how I wanted. I can't really decide whether I should keep writing Ripped in third person and work on it so that I get better, or change it to first. But then I don't know if the message I'm trying to get across will work in first ;l

So, I'd really love your opinions. I put up the first page and a bit of my first chapter, one in third person and the other in first person. **Keep in mind that these are basically unedited, and the one in first is just changed from the third person version so if some of it seems a bit odd, the might be why**



Which do you guys think is better? Oh and what to you think of Saben(:?

Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Definately First Person, although you didn't quite change it all into first person. There are a few places where it says her instead of me and other things like that. Idk, first person just seems to flow better, i think your right about you writing better in first. I know i do, i suck at third person. Lol. I dont really know what i think of Saben yet, theres not enough to judge just now... Haha.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really sure...Both of them have their good and bad points, but I think overall I like 1st person better. It could also work better, depending on where you choose to take the story. But yeah, I'd say 1st person. I liked the first Chapter, by the way. Well written and interesting. I like Saben. =)

    ~Nat

    ReplyDelete