Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dustin:Update

Man have I fallen behind in the "news". Going back nearly 75 posts to get caught up...Guess that'll teach me for skipping posts. Anyways, So I was going to post my story on OSAAWAKM (4000 words at this moment)But of course My laptop all the sudden gets a virus and It wont connect too the internet. Yippy doo.
So now i'm going to have to buy a USB :( Dangit.

Anyways I need a little bit of help. How the hell do you add "love/romance" too a story. Seriously yes, laugh. I'm sitting here slamming my head on my keyboard as I try to add it. But honestly I keep getting stuck and end up erasing it. Anyone have any 'tips' porsay? <---- some reason almost spelt prostitute instead of Porsay..

Also anyone want me to read their story(ies)?

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry about your laptop. :[

    And about romance... I don't know what your story is so I may not be any help as romance is different for different plots, but try not to make the characters fall in love too quuickly. Like "Hi, my name's Bob." "My name's Sue." *they make out*
    Love at first sight = big mistake. [Maybe I'm a hypocrite because in my story the male character 'falls in love' as soon as he sees the girl, but the girl isn't as quick about it so...]

    And make their interactions realistic. Uh, read some romance?

    And do you mean per se, not porsay?

    And I have a feeling as to why you'd be so quick to type prostitute... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along with Lina's - no love at first sight, I'd also advise for your characters not to automatically say - 'OMG he's gorgeous, I want to have his babies.'
    Because it's more likely that over time - as they gradually fall for each other, that they'll begin to see the beauty in one another.

    And you need to describe their feelings as they developed. Maybe when they first met they kissed - on a dare or something, and neither felt anything... but as their relationship progresses they feel that famous 'spark,' the warmth that runs that runs through their body, the feeling as if they could get high off of a single kiss. However you want to describe their feelings. You got me?

    That's all I have time to say now, ;) Have to get up bright and early tomorrow to catch the ferry to my cottage...

    ReplyDelete