Saturday, August 21, 2010

Nicole: Mature time - dropping out

Okay. I've been thinking a lot about the challenge lately, and I really don't think I have time to write 2500 words a week right now. We're getting all of our assessment tasks (they call them RICH tasks, seriously, wtf?) from basically every subject this time of term, and it's just too hectic. As much as I would love to keep continuing the challenge, I have to drop out.

Another reason I'm not enjoying the challenge like I'd been hoping, is because what I've been writing is quite frankly really crap. I'm not putting as much thought into it, because all I am thinking about is reaching my weekly words. I think I'd rather write slowly, and actually produce some writing that I'm proud of.

That's why I've decided to set up a little mini challenge for myself. Each week, or maybe every fortnight, I want to have a chapter finished. Maybe not completely edited, but finished.

I think I'll start tomorrow. I'm so sorry for messing everybody around about the challenge thing, but right now I have to be realistic. I'll definetely be doing the Oct/Nov challenge, and I can't wait for the Dec/Jan challenge. That's when we have our six week summer holidays. Sorry again!

1 comment:

  1. Summer??? In dec- oh. right. Nevermind.

    -Ned.

    ReplyDelete