Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nicole: Challenge page and Sleeping Beauty

Just posting to let you know that I added to the SAAWAKM Challenge page. I just put what it's all about, because a lot of people gave been confused with the posts that are kind of all over the place and for when we get new members. If anyone doesn't like it, feel free to delete it(:.

I've almost finished my first chapter thanks to the challenge! Just got to add a little bit more, and it's finished. For now I'm keeping chapters about 1500 words long, and adding chapters together once I've finished.

I've also been doing heaps of research on Sleeping Beauty today. Oh my god, the Charles Perrault version is horrific (the first version to have Sleeping Beauty to wake up after a kiss). After Prince Phillip wakes Sleeping Beauty up, they have two children and get married. Prince Phillip only tells his mother when he has to go to war, and he leaves them in her care. But his mother hates children and practices cannibalism, and she also viciously persecutes Sleeping Beauty in her sleep. Just before his mum throws her two grandchildren into a pit of venomous vipers, the Prince comes home from war and pushes his own mother into the pit. :| And then in another few earlier versions, she gets raped by her father or the prince when she's sleeping, and wakes when she's having the babies.

I'd much rather the Disney sweet and innocent version... ;P. Anyway, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment